Sign in to follow this  
Car147

FBW A320NX (Dev)

4 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Have you tried the dev mode workaround mentioned above? Try loading a flight with dev mode enabled.

Not yet. Will give it a try later.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It's taking at least two attempts to get the plane to load properly.  I will try the dev mode also.

Duane Buck

There are apparently issues with liveries that have not been updated for SU5.

Edited by jarmstro

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

There are apparently issues with liveries that have not been updated for SU5.

Yeah, i removed mine as they seem to be needing to be compatible for SU5

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Thanks for the tips people. I managed to get the FBW to load with Dev mode on and deleting the state.cfg file.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Early days as I have only tried two times, but it might be that starting in Developer Mode does work. I tried loading at a gate at Gatwick and Brandenburg, Berlin. Each time the plane loaded perfectly. I might become a happy bunny 😊

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy675 said:

Early days as I have only tried two times, but it might be that starting in Developer Mode does work. I tried loading at a gate at Gatwick and Brandenburg, Berlin. Each time the plane loaded perfectly. I might become a happy bunny 😊

Yep. Same here. Starting at Gate 340 in LEMD was impossible before. With dev mode enabled, I'm now able to enter the cockpit without a crash!

• Like 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Good to know, thanks for the tip, guys!
I can't take off from EDDF with the FBW since SU5, direct CTD.
I'll try this evening with dev mode enabled. 😉

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

This dev mode thing is interesting. I have had dev mode on (set to auto hide) for weeks, so i wonder if my lack of CTDs is related in some way to that?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I find that even having this mod installed leads to instability in other mods. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

OK I'm pretty confident about this now. Enabling dev mode and leaving it on and hidden has eliminated my CTDs. Both on load and in descent. Thanks to the person that posted this.

I note that in the dev mode menus there is a function called 'Disable Crashes' which is enabled by default. Whether this has anything to do with it I know not.

• Like 2

'Disable Crashes' that is genius!!! It should be a setting selectable in the 'General Settings'. I mean some people like CTDs, I for one would always have it 'Enabled'!

Edited by Silicus

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Can I add my thanks to whoever discovered the 'Developer Mode' trick. I have not had a CTD since I started using this technique. I am now experimenting with different liveries, also so far with success.

• Like 1