Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Fenix A320 Dev Update 06 Aug 2021

Awesome!!!

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Seems to be a case of no news is good news really, with no real surprises. Basically a replication of CPDLC is already in the sim anyway in the form of the ATC menu, so it doesn't surprise me that this is a function they're including. It's evident that going outside of the sim for stuff would mean few things got affected directly, but changes could potentially have affected the ability to communicate this with the sim, so it's great to hear that this doesn't appear to have occurred.

Wishing them luck with their beta and looking forward to seeing this become available because I prefer working on the real earlier 320s than the NEOs in real life, so it will be good to get one in the sim as well.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

"From a performance perspective, we too have benefitted. Our A320 is now running better than the default/stock A320"

More excited than any other addon...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leonbr said:

"From a performance perspective, we too have benefitted. Our A320 is now running better than the default/stock A320"

More excited than any other addon...

But:

There is yet some work to go, and in the interest of absolute transparency – we don’t know if and when this will change due to a future update, so don’t quite take this to the bank until the Fenix A320 is on your system.

We should set our expectations right. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Krakin said:

1. They're entering the beta phase in the next few weeks

This is very good news. Must have overread it.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

19 minutes ago, Chock said:

Seems to be a case of no news is good news really, with no real surprises. Basically a replication of CPDLC is already in the sim anyway in the form of the ATC menu, so it doesn't surprise me that this is a function they're including. It's evident that going outside of the sim for stuff would mean few things got affected directly, but changes could potentially have affected the ability to communicate this with the sim, so it's great to hear that this doesn't appear to have occurred.

It was Matt from Working Title who theorized and guessed that the Fenix A320 was built on top of Prosim. Aamir from Fenix did not deny nor confirm  Matt’s guess.

If it’s true that SU5 didn’t affect the Felix A320 much, I’m thinking it’s more likely that Matt’s guess is right that the Felix A320 is definitely built on top of Prosim.  Something like SU5 has affected many planes already and logically, you would think something as complex as the Fenix A320 would be affected the most by SU5.  But if the Fenix team is saying SU5 did not affect the Fenix A320 much, this implies the Fenix A320 is less integrated with the SDK and probably more integrated with Prosim.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

It really does look epic, I am really looking forward to this bird. 

• Like 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

It was Matt from Working Title who theorized and guessed that the Fenix A320 was built on top of Prosim. Aamir from Fenix did not deny nor confirm  Matt’s guess.

If it’s true that SU5 didn’t affect the Felix A320 much, I’m thinking it’s more likely that Matt’s guess is right that the Felix A320 is definitely built on top of Prosim.  Something like SU5 has affected many planes already and logically, you would think something as complex as the Fenix A320 would be affected the most by SU5.  But if the Fenix team is saying SU5 did not affect the Fenix A320 much, this implies the Fenix A320 is less integrated with the SDK and probably more integrated with Prosim.

I have seen this type of comment a few times now.  But what are you talking about?? Prosim is fully developed standalone software package purchased on renewal fee basis.  Do you honestly believe that Fenix has the actual codebase, fee structure and agreements in place to use this for a one time low end purchase within MSFS??  Fenix is using separate program module that runs outside of MSFS, true... but they had to have developed this themselves.  It is not unheard of in our sim industry, FlightFactor does this same thing for Xplane.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Wishing them luck with their beta and looking forward to seeing this become available because I prefer working on the real earlier 320s than the NEOs in real life, so it will be good to get one in the sim as well.

Actually has nothing to do developmentally with the sim and with CPDLC (Hoppies and VATSIM-IVAO)...lol....2 totally different things.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

11 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Actually has nothing to do developmentally with the sim and with CPDLC (Hoppies and VATSIM-IVAO)...lol....2 totally different things.

What are you even on about? I was pointing out the functional similarity between a list of commands in the MSFS ATC menu and CPDLC's datalink list.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here