Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

What happens if you install two versions of same airport?

Obviously the community folder takes precedence over the default scenery. What happens if you add two different addons for the same airport? Which takes precedence? I want to install some packs but I want to know what I'm getting into in terms of conflicts.

You get both and some things double up and they clash, That includes Asobo handcrafted ones. Your community folder does not automatically overwrite a handcrafted airport.

Do not do it. Disable one of them.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

9 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Obviously the community folder takes precedence over the default scenery. What happens if you add two different addons for the same airport? Which takes precedence? I want to install some packs but I want to know what I'm getting into in terms of conflicts.

They'll be a conflict that could end up resulting in a CTD when you try to go to the area and/or fly to it.  Bad updates like SU5 just exacerbate the issue.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

How do you disable an Asobo airport?

You go into the content manager from inside the game and "uninstall" it.  It will still show that you "own" it and you can install it back again from content manager later if you change your mind. 

You only need to do this for handcrafted Asobo airports, the generic airports are fine.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

That includes Asobo handcrafted ones.

I would have thought anything in "Community" would override anything in "Official," even if "Official" contains a "handcrafted" airport or other scenery.  Is that not correct?

I am sure there would be a problem if two versions of the same airport were included in "Community" -- duplicate, conflicting gates, runways, taxiways, aircraft parked on top of each other, not to mention CTDs as Dillon said.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

"What happens if you install two versions of same airport?"

They might cancel each other out and leave you with a phenomenal black hole.

• Like 1

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

2 hours ago, Mike777 said:

override anything in "Official," even if "Official" contains a "handcrafted" airport or other scenery.  Is that not correct?

Would have thought so as well but LOWI by Orbx shows me that is not the case. I have to disable the MSFS version else I have big bumps in the rwy 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 hours ago, Mike777 said:

I would have thought anything in "Community" would override anything in "Official," even if "Official" contains a "handcrafted" airport or other scenery.  Is that not correct?

I am sure there would be a problem if two versions of the same airport were included in "Community" -- duplicate, conflicting gates, runways, taxiways, aircraft parked on top of each other, not to mention CTDs as Dillon said.

The community scenery can over-ride default stuff but not hand placed objects. if you download an addon that covers the same area as official stuff there will be issues. Sometimes with things like the Orbx London city scape where you got two "London Eye" Ferris wheels the developer was able to work around this but apparently not in the case of airports.

11 hours ago, DAD said:

Would have thought so as well but LOWI by Orbx shows me that is not the case. I have to disable the MSFS version else I have big bumps in the rwy 

Thanks DAD, I was going to ask you that question I know you fly to LOWI and since I installed the Orbx version I have a ski jump midway down the runway! I now know what to do.

39 minutes ago, Andy675 said:

Thanks DAD, I was going to ask you that question I know you fly to LOWI and since I installed the Orbx version I have a ski jump midway down the runway! I now know what to do.

yep, delet MS LOWI and all set. Else the neo was literally catapulted into the air during takeoff 🙂

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"