Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

Ain't live for me, still shows the previous version despite trying everything. Frankly even if it was showing up, the update process for MSFS is farcical.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If anyone is having issues downloading the update open the Xbox app on your PC and it will download the update.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

To be fair, they've been fixing the new issues in a very timely manner.

They've been kind of slow with DEV mode fixes, but those are sometimes more complicated. Waiting on SU 6 for that.
I haven't had a chance to check this update out, but those screenshots look sharper at altitude, looks sharper than I've ever seen it at that alt.

• Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I don't know if I can wait 20 days for the fix of ATC using the wrong altitude.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Had the same. Logged out of the store, rebooted, and logged back in. That seemed to push it.

That did the trick, thanks Dylan!

390mb download

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't know if I can wait 20 days for the fix of ATC using the wrong altitude.

Now imagine having constant CTDs every time you try to enjoy the simulator a little while. 

I think that should be priority #1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

This is the best Hotfix I downloaded a solid A for Asobo.

Positives: That god awful lighting is gone

Much easier to adjust stuff on the fly(pun intended) while going to menu

I still get minimal pop up but it used to be blurry now nice and clear.                                                       I can live with that.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Opened MS Store and got 400MB+ update (had to manually refresh the updates) it did not show on the open for updates page.

What is weird is....I started my sim and it did not go to the Store, but when it all loaded up the title bar said I'm on 1.18.15

I never saw it update anything.  Usually it goes to the store, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Now imagine having constant CTDs every time you try to enjoy the simulator a little while. 

I think that should be priority #1

I haven't had constant CTDs in a week, so I really can't relate.

Just now, Mace said:

What is weird is....I started my sim and it did not go to the Store, but when it all loaded up the title bar said I'm on 1.18.15

I never saw it update anything.  Usually it goes to the store, etc. etc.

Sometimes it will do it in the background without prompting.

• Upvote 1

Now we just need the tree "crawling" fixed. I love how fast all the menus are, changing graphics settings only takes a couple seconds. 

• Like 3

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

The only real problem I had prior to this fix was overexposed everything. Now is fixed and was able to turn bloom back on. 15 minutes into my first flight panning around in exterior view had the first CTD I can recall ever having. Restarted and took a 30 minute flight with no problems. Everything looks great.

As far as FPS Gain or loss I have no idea because it’s a completely meaningless number, and I don’t know why everyone is constantly obsessing over it. Is the sim smooth? Yes. 

2 hours ago, mcdonoughdr said:

Another joke of a hotfix that can't manage to fix basic broken jetways and missing terminal walls and roofs....

[BUG LOGGED] SU5 Airports missing terminal walls/floating roofs - Bugs & Issues / Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Seriously? While I respect your ability to express your opinion, jetways and missing terminal roofs have little bearing on what this software is really about. This is after all a flight simulator.

Some folks really need to learn to manage their expectations...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

1 hour ago, Seth2021 said:

A32NX works perfectly, not a single issue so far ( 1 hour flight) . Butter - smooth - experience @Ultra settings 

Are you running live weather?

I returned to the A32NX (Hadn't touched it in months) after SU5 and now performance is really good with decent settings. I have been having issues with excessive fuel burn and some really weird issues not being able to maintain cruise level.

I think I might give up my current flight and start again with a weather preset. Even after the hotfix tonight something isn't right. I was reading that people are saying live weather is still causing issues with the A320 NX

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

1 hour ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

If anyone is having issues downloading the update open the Xbox app on your PC and it will download the update.

I wish. signed in and out of store, xbox app and xbox down.

reboooted, no update in store, MSFS keeps telling me there is a mandatory update in the store. someone must have gotten the last one, it seems updates are out of stock. do we now need a hotfix for the store too 😀

ok, thats it. 

knitting it is then again.😀

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.