Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

28 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

At no point did they say this feature would be removed or changed in this hotfix.

And it literally disappears the moment you stop looking around. Why not raise a request with Asobo for a toggle to be introduced?

And that is done long ago

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

Better experience for me, less popups, less grainy in the distance and very important now when in the menus my GC doesn’t work that much so the fans are staying quiet !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chapstick said:

A 26 minute apology video. Yeah, not gonna sub...

I thought it was an episode from "On the Psychiatrists Couch"?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

When this didn't arrive at the usual 4pm, I didn't think this would arrive until Monday, so stopped checking.  I seemed to have sorted out my problems after the last hotfix with a few usercfg changes, monitor colour and brightness changes and locking at 30 fps.

Nice surprise to get on a Saturday morning though and by the sound of it, just a quick update.

Off to empty my community folder, reset my monitor, default my usercfg and reboot in a minute.  Will report back on how things look and feel when I've done a couple of flights.

Having read this thread, it does all sound very encouraging for a change though.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Just checked the MS Store this morning, and it still hasn't got an update for the sim. 

Do you checked upper right corner ( the 3 dots ) updates and downloads, than get all updates; this allways is working for me - Good luck !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Just checked the MS Store this morning, and it still hasn't got an update for the sim. 

You have to check if you have the v1.18.15.0, is very fast and not noticeable like the other updates, at least for me and my MS store version, I did not note any difference when it was updated in the start of the Sim.

• Like 1

If I try to run the sim it stops and says that there is a mandatory update. After a mouse klick it jumps to MS Store, BUT there is no update for MSFS. Windows says that all programs all up to date 😞

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Just to clarify.

• This hotfix should give the same or slightly lower FPS as original SU5 as they turned off some problematic optimisations that presumably were causing CTDs.
  • The pop-in issue when panning was not addressed. That occurs because in SU4 and before, the game cached detail for everything around you whether you looked at it or not.  This caused memory issues for people on mediocre systems with 8Gb or less RAM and the feature was disabled in SU5 to save RAM.  There was a link to a Asobo developer interview here on Avsim a few days back that discussed that exact issue.

I'm getting much improved frame rates from SU5 

For everyone that is panicking about not being able to download the update from Windows Store (if you purchased MSFS from Windows Store and not Steam):

In Windows Store, check the version of MSFS.  If the version of MSFS says 1.18.15.0, then Windows Store already updated it for you!  If it says 1.18.15.0 in Windows Store, then launch MSFS and when you reach the MSFS menu, you can right click on your profile on the top right and check the version of MSFS you are running.  If it says 1.18.15.0 inside MSFS when you right click your profile, then you are good to go.

I don't know why, but for me, normally I have to manually update MSFS when I go to Windows Store.  For some reason, Windows Store decided to automatically update for me when I opened Windows Store today.  Anyways, all that matters is that it says 1.18.15.0 inside the game on the menu screen.  

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

32 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

For everyone that is panicking about not being able to download the update from Windows Store (if you purchased MSFS from Windows Store and not Steam):

In Windows Store, check the version of MSFS.  If the version of MSFS says 1.18.15.0, then Windows Store already updated it for you!  If it says 1.18.15.0 in Windows Store, then launch MSFS and when you reach the MSFS menu, you can right click on your profile on the top right and check the version of MSFS you are running.  If it says 1.18.15.0 inside MSFS when you right click your profile, then you are good to go.

I don't know why, but for me, normally I have to manually update MSFS when I go to Windows Store.  For some reason, Windows Store decided to automatically update for me when I opened Windows Store today.  Anyways, all that matters is that it says 1.18.15.0 inside the game on the menu screen.  

Ok, just to make this perfectly clear: Running the sim gives me a message about a mandatory update in the store. Then the storepage opens. I go to my library and click on MSFS. I only get a blue play button, where as normally I would get an update button instead. If I try to restart the sim (which Ive done many times) I get the same message about a mandatory update. The sim is 100% unusable right now. 

Also, there is an update section in the store, but that does not contain MSFS. MSFS only shows up under recent activity, and still only has a blue play button at that page, and the next page if I click that element in the activity list. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Ok, just to make this perfectly clear: Running the sim gives me a message about a mandatory update in the store. Then the storepage opens. I go to my library and click on MSFS. I only get a blue play button, where as normally I would get an update button instead. If I try to restart the sim (which Ive done many times) I get the same message about a mandatory update. The sim is 100% unusable right now.

I had to press get updates 3-4 times before getting the update. 

8 hours ago, turbomax said:

thanks for your suggestion. not sure if that did the trick, but finally update did install. thanks again.

no pain - no gain - my grandmother was right.

I cant install the update aswell. Tells me there is a mandatory update in the store, but once in the store i cant find an update for MS FS2020. The store tells me no updates are available, even after trieing to push an update. 

Can you tell me where the X-box app is? maybe that will work for me...

This hotfix realy made a massive difference in performance. Never had it so smooth in vr with the A320FBW. And the visuals is realy stunning. Thanks Asobo😁

• Like 3