Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Hotfix 1.18.15.0 is now live!

5 hours ago, Republic3D said:

If you set V-sync on and 60 fps, do you get only 30 fps? or does it stay locked on 60? 

I've seen people claiming you get half of what it's set to in sim. Or does it have to be set on half rate in Nvidia Control Panel for that to happen?

V-sync 60 and the Sim will try to sync at full refresh rate of your screen.

30 is half, 20 is a third - so when I set to 20 on my 144mhz monitor I get 48fps, 72fps when set to 30 in game👍

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

For VR;

my in-game anisotropic filter now has an effect.

I've possibly lost a couple of fps but nothing significant

I still can't add any sharpening (NVCP or MSFS cfg file)

Distant objects during night flying are slightly blurred

Photogrammetry is relatively free of aliasing, but hand crafted airport buildings have a lot of shimmer (same as SU5 and Su5 + HF1)  

On 8/6/2021 at 5:07 PM, captain420 said:

This guy is super annoying and talks too word not allowed much. No thanks. His videos are full of him self-promoting his pdf guides.

Agree!  The MOST annoying youtuber ever.  Couldn’t explain an altimeter setting if he tried.  

• Like 2

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

27 minutes ago, joby33y said:

Agree!  The MOST annoying youtuber ever.  Couldn’t explain an altimeter setting if he tried.  

After the third time of watching him explain "new features" of updated aircraft that were actually features that had been around for several previous builds, I concluded he hasn't a clue what he's talking about half the time!

Needless to say, I wont be purchasing any guides from him. 

He's all waffle, no substance.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

V-sync 60 and the Sim will try to sync at full refresh rate of your screen.

30 is half, 20 is a third - so when I set to 20 on my 144mhz monitor I get 48fps, 72fps when set to 30 in game👍

My monitor is 100 Hz, but it's got a small shimmering issue in the upper left corner, so I've set it to 95 Hz. 

But if I set it to 90 Hz, and then V-sync on, set it to 60, it will try to sync to 90? And if I set it to 30 it will try to sync to 45? And 20 it will be 30? 

Am I correct that if it can't sync to the full fps, it defaults to half and then third? 

Our systems are very similar, we should get about the same performance. Thank you for your help! 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

11 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

My monitor is 100 Hz, but it's got a small shimmering issue in the upper left corner, so I've set it to 95 Hz. 

But if I set it to 90 Hz, and then V-sync on, set it to 60, it will try to sync to 90? And if I set it to 30 it will try to sync to 45? And 20 it will be 30? 

Am I correct that if it can't sync to the full fps, it defaults to half and then third? 

Our systems are very similar, we should get about the same performance. Thank you for your help! 

Yes re the 90hz and refresh rates, if it can’t keep those frames it doesn’t fall back on the next lower setting, it just effectively becomes sync free.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Wow. I just figured the FPS out. Turns out Shift Z didn't show the correct FPS. It was halved as I expected. Today there was an update to it, and now it's showing correct. 

Me yesterday: WOw ThIS iS thE SMoOthEst 35 FPS I'vE EveR SEeN, BUt WhY ISnT My NASA PC gIvInG Me MOrE FPS 🤪

Me today: Well, that explains it. 77 FPS on the ground at the airport, 90 in the air. 😄

I was flying around yesterday thinking "I don't need more than 45 fps, this is super smooth". lol

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

On 8/7/2021 at 5:20 AM, Bobsk8 said:

They are still crawling but now the crawl isn't quite as bad as SU5 Crawl. 

I noticed that as well today it wasn't nearly as bad. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

On 8/8/2021 at 4:44 AM, Noel said:

I just flew from KSNA to KLAX and here are a couple of shots:

Absolutely stunning

Whilst I understand the fundamentals behind people's complaints about SU5, I think it shows how spoilt we are that people are able to complain about the graphics of a Sim that looks as good as this

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, joby33y said:

I disagree in full!! Can you do a better job?

• Like 1

Anyone else see a 28.05KB update this morning?

Where is this promised slider for brightness ??? 

We are planning on a brightness slider for an upcoming Sim Update to allow visual customization of your sim.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Just now, YoYo said:

They are planning it.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 minute ago, YoYo said:

It will probably be in the upcoming SU6 (not in the hotfix)

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

5 minutes ago, kt069 said:

It will probably be in the upcoming SU6 (not in the hotfix)

and now you have stated that it WILL be in SU6 and that will become the gospel that Asobo promised.    Same as people yelling that DX12 was PROMISED for SU5 because people assumed that would be the case.

All we know is they are planning to do it..  That may or may not happen, but there is no date for it..  when it arrives, it will arrive 🙂

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.