Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

My REAL Complaint With FSX

Just an idea for the interm before you spend cash on another controller ..You could always tweak the "flight tuning" section in the a/c.cfg, adding a bit more to the pitch/roll "stability". Also you could always lower the "effectiveness" to "slow" things down if you have a specific AC that is annoying you. Play with it, I modified the default baron to "feel" more like my FS9 DF58 and am much happier with it now. However I find the Beaver/Maule are great as is. Nice additions.I have both the Evo and the X-52 - Just picked up the X-52 for 79.00 when Future Shop had them on sale early jan :) I've run FSX/FS9 with both, but I have my sensitivities way down with FSX (like maybe 20%) I almost prefer the EVO as it "fits" better in my hand and the EVO is maybe "smoother" for rudder control IMHO. (You have to "sort of" squeeze the X52 to rotate, where as the EVO rotates very easily just with the base of your hand.) But I love having the trim set up as the thumb wheel axis on the X-52. (not to mention all the other bells and whistles)Garett

I was just about to suggest the same thing when I saw your post, Grahame. I've got so many controllers that I've had to start using FSUIPC and doing aircraft-specific profiles for each of the planes I regularly fly in order to always have the correct setup. You can't beat Pete's program when it comes to utility.@ the original message poster (sorry, you don't say your name anywhere), I'll add another layer of confusion. For me, FS9 was the harder sim to keep consistant calibration with my controllers. Then again, I wasn't using FSUIPC for that back then. In FSX, things seem improved in my experience. Sorry, that's not helpful, I know. Still, consider giving FSUIPC a shot.thanks,

Guest captaindobbin

It definitely seems a little too difficult to land dead on with just a joystick. From what I understand, rudder pedals make lining up easier, not to mention the added realism. That's why i'm saving up for some right now. And a ch yoke.

>default Baron was impossible to land.That thing flys great overall. I've never had a problem.Very easy to land. Me thinks complainer has cockpit error.. :/I think they all fly pretty well. My only complaint is with the tail draggers.. I have a heck of a problem getting them to steerright half the time. I'll recenter my rudder, KP-5, etc, etc, and still often have trouble keeping in a straight line on takeoff.And then steering after landing... It's probably me not doing the right ground controls, but I haven't spent too much time with them.So I tend to stick to the trikes most of the time..MK

Does the Cub still have the problem that the FS9 version did. As in a come and go computer glitch, that ends in a wild groundlooping cartwheel? I don't remember. I know the Maule works just fine, though.L.Adamson

Guest LSflyguy

Here's a troubleshooting suggestion: choose a plane and VC where you can clearly see the yoke movement and rudder pedals as you fly. Keep an eye on the yoke/rudder to see if you're getting any uncommanded movement. For example, if the yoke is "jerking around" while you've got a steady hand on your Saitek controller, then your problem is almost certainly a calibration issue. Even though Saitek makes a pretty good product, there's always a chance that a potentiometer has gone bad (although you say this isn't likely). Here are three ideas: - go through the FSX joystick calibration routine, and make sure you're not getting any uncommanded movement as you test the joystick axes; - increase your joystick null zone a bit (make gradual changes!) to see if that fixes your problem; - use the trial version of Pete Dawson's FSUIPC to see if it does the trick. Hope this helps, because FSX itself should not be causing this problem.

I don't think thats the problem though..I often have a worseground steering when once up to speed, and at a more levelattitude. I think my problem is the way I'm doing the groundsteering itself. Also..I often have it bad with no throttle.I can land just fine, but once I get the tail wheel down, all$#%^ breaks loose. And this is with no throttle at all. In the air, I notice no problem at all. It's probably me..I never have really looked into the tail wheel steeringthat close on fsx.. I'm probably doing something wrong as faras the tailwheel. Once up to decent speed, the rudder should beable to handle the torque, p-factor, etc.. Mine has a heck of atime. The second my wheels leave the ground, all feels fine.MK