Sign in to follow this  
Guest jboweruk

Female FO Knows her stuff

Yeah isn't it *amazing* that a *girl*, er excuse me "woman", can be as capable of a flight deck partner as a big strappin' MAN?Will wonders never cease.Tongue firmly in cheek,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Imagine that, a woman in control of an airplane. Next thing you know they will be voting!

They wouldn't be working for the company if they dont know their stuff.Female pilots are common all over the world. Its a fact of life

Hey guys, I was just really impressed how fast her work flow was during the flight. She handled communication, checklists, and was hitting buttons and switches at the speed of light, all at the once at times. (A little bit too fast for my liking) There is a part two that has the landing. It's really nice to see more women in the cockpit these days.

Guest vrandar

"It's really nice to see more women in the cockpit these days" Eh? There should ever only be a maximum of two on most modern jets unless a female line check captain is in the jumpseat as well :) Jeff, no offence intended but women have been flying aircraft since just after the things were invented. And your comment about workflow indicates that you think that because she is a woman her work rate and skill should lag behind those of a man. Ouch I'm sure Boeing's 777 test pilot, Suzanna Darcy-Hennemann wouldn't agree. http://www.boeing.com/commercial/news/feature/pilots.htmlVictoria Elliottbetter half of :Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest CRJ700FO

i flew 1900's for US Airways Express and once we had a female fo do the usual safety briefing to the passengers (there is no FA as there are only 19 seats). an elderly women wrote us airways to complain that the flight attendant gave the saftey demonstration then proceeded to sit up front and talk with the pilot the whole flight.

Good morning,In no way, I meant any harm in what I wrote. It could have been a male up front in this video, and I would have been just as impressed. This was the first video I have seen in a long time that the FO was so fast and efficient, and it happened to be a woman. I did not mean to come across like that. I am sorry. I was just sharing my first impression of the video, that's all. Again, please don't take this the wrong way. Have a great day everyone.

Ah...another empty kitchen.... ;) That is totally a joke...my 63 year old boss always says that when he hears a female on the frequency....

Guest jboweruk

I was listening to the airband for LHR one day, and practically every third aircraft seemed to be a lady, most of the BA birds I heard were women that day. #### right too, it's a proven physical fact they make better fighter pilots than us guys, they have a higher G-tolerance than us. Plus they can multitask, which most men find very difficult to do, and makes them therefore usually very good pilots.

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Boy those Hispanic people sure talk fast don't they? Wait a minute though, I'm Hisp......DOH!!!!!Never mind.

That was a great video though. There was alot of switch flipping going on for a glass cockpit that's for sure...lol.On the side topic, the person that gave me my FAA checkride in '99 was the first female United Airlines Captain if I remember right.When she gave me my checkride she was easily 70 years old and one of the best pilot's I'd ever met. Loretta Jones I think was her name. It was one of my best flights as well believe it or not.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

after becoming a freighter pilot, my 2nd dream is to marry a female pilotthanks for the link!