Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Ground textures USA (and Europe)

>Hi,>>I think I probably owe people an apology for making available>these modified textures while failing to accompany them with>any pictures. Part of my reason for not doing so was that I am>not very good at taking flattering screenshots and also I>suppose I had hoped that the textures would speak for>themselves (a rather silly thought I realise now in>retrospect). Anyway to remedy the situation for the US>textures at least I have attached to this note five>sceenshots. They were all taken at midday with visibility set>to 50 miles. With the exception of the shot of the mountains>east of Seattle all the others were taken from an altitude of>5000 ft. These are the modified default textures without my>using any landclass products or any re-naming of files.>>>Adam Mills.>>Adam, are you going to do the rest of the world?Sure hope so!I think the textures look very good not that I have been using them for some flight.

John,Are you saying that XClass and Adam's textures work well together?I wasn't sure if one would override the other or cause a conflict. I have Cloud 9 XClass textures and I would like to use Adam's, but I'm concerned about conflicts and files being overwritten.

Guest Vigilius

A very good work, but I see some desert near the italian runaway, I think that perhaps we need a SP1 of your incredible textures

Guest SJDickson

Cloud9 XClass packages are landclass updates and don't modify any of the actual texture files. Adam's packages are texture updates and don't modify any of the underlying landclass files. So, there are no conflicts and the two can be used together quite happily.

Adam,Thanks for the improved textures.... great work.Stan, These textures ( as any textures ) will work with landclass as all landclass does is tell the sim exactly which texture file to use at each location. This texture file is then placed on top of the mesh.Martin,I am sure i read somewhere that this is a landclass problem.. when no LC data is available for a particular area ( in the LC file ) it draws these textures.Cheers,Paul

Guest Big Vern

Interesting observation on this...Having recently purchased a new computer, I reinstalled FS2004 as well as FSX. Unfortunately (as it turns out) I sold off my FS Global and FScene enhancement packs thinking they wouldn't be needed as I wouldn't be using FS2004 or so I thought...('nuff said). So flying in FS2004 is over the default terrain textures and landscape.Thus on creating and loading a flight from Inverness to Birmingham (UK) I was quite startled to see that the default textures for the UK in winter exhibit the same brown/yellow desert like appearance that people (including myself) are moaning about in FSX.The moral being that while FSX certainly has issues and, in the overall view of things this is a relatively minor one, FS2004 out the box ain't exactly perfect either...

Guest abulaafia

FS9 out of the box was dreadful. It's by comparing it to FS9+addons that FSX looks like such a small step forward. People have short memories :)

Guest bustervk

Thanks Adam for a very nice set ot textures; both Europe & USAI love them.Kind regards.Bert

I've just got round to downloading the textures and I see that, for Europe, some of the files are duplicated. Is that correct? Do I just overwrite with the newer files?