Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

Just Flight PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for MSFS 2020

Now this is going to sound odd, but I have just opened MSFS 2020 after applying the latest hotfix, and loaded the just Flight PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for MSFS 2020. Previous it would open with the Garmin switched on (750). Now it is switched off, and for the life of me, I cannot figure how to turn it on. I have selected ' aircraft ready for take off' and that has no effect, and I have scrolled over all versions of the Garmin to see if I can find a switch to turn it on, and have found nothing. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I need to do to switch it on. Thanks

George Westwell

1 hour ago, SquadronLeader said:

Now this is going to sound odd, but I have just opened MSFS 2020 after applying the latest hotfix, and loaded the just Flight PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV for MSFS 2020. Previous it would open with the Garmin switched on (750). Now it is switched off, and for the life of me, I cannot figure how to turn it on. I have selected ' aircraft ready for take off' and that has no effect, and I have scrolled over all versions of the Garmin to see if I can find a switch to turn it on, and have found nothing. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I need to do to switch it on. Thanks

Make sure you are running the latest 750 or else you'll just get a black screen and also update the turbo arrow. 

Anyone else notice that the Arro3 cockpit window doesn't open anymore, latest version 9.0

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, SquadronLeader said:

There's a very recent new update for the 750, over at wwwpms50.com

I'd try deleting your current version and grabbing and installing the new version.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Yup. The basic version is still free. There’s just a single download now though.

JF is now version 0.4 i think. 4 being the key.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Anyone else notice that the Arro3 cockpit window doesn't open anymore, latest version 9.0

Bob I flew the Arrow III last night and I was able to open the window. I suspect you already know this but it is a 2 step process. 1.) click the tab that holds the window in place 2.) click the window.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just now, somiller said:

Bob I flew the Arrow III last night and after shutdown I was able to open the window. I suspect you already know this but it is a 2 step process. 1.) click the tab that holds the window in place 2.) click the window.

OK, didn't remember that, been many weeks since I flew the Arrow, been on the DC6. Thanks. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There was a problem with the previous versions of all the JF Pipers in SU5 that resulted in the active area you had to click on to open the tab (rather than openning trhe window) was very very small but that looks to be fixed in the latest version of all 4.

As far as the window I found a little issue. The latch now works fine and when you click the window, it will open. If you click on the “glass” to close the window, it’s will not close. You have to click the opening where the glass would be when closed for the window to close. Weird. I’m sure there will be a small hot fix for this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

As far as the window I found a little issue. The latch now works fine and when you click the window, it will open. If you click on the “glass” to close the window, it’s will not close. You have to click the opening where the glass would be when closed for the window to close. Weird. I’m sure there will be a small hot fix for this. 

Was it not working like that before this update ?

Correction - I think you are right. Certainly the current version of the Warrior and both the Arrow III are working the way you describe but the Turbo Arrow IV expect you to click in the open part of the window.

Edited by Matchstick

So is it safe to buy this now? I figured too many things were broken after SU5.

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

I just tested it again and for me it indeed works to click on the "glass" to close, just has to be the "glass" of the open panel, and not the surrounding window.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

7 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

There was a problem with the previous versions of all the JF Pipers in SU5 that resulted in the active area you had to click on to open the tab (rather than openning trhe window) was very very small but that looks to be fixed in the latest version of all 4.

The other issue I saw today, which I don't remember happening the last time i flew the Arrow pre SU5, was climbing out I tried to trim for say 90 knots, and the airspeed and climb rate varied from about 400 fpm to 1200 fpm. Seemed impossible to trim for a stable climb . Anyone else see this. Altitude hold works perfectly, once I got to cruise.