Sign in to follow this  
MegaRiceBall

Is your wallet prepared?

23 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Does the Fenix bird come with a cabin?

@Aamir will correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC the answer was "This feature will be explored post release."

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I'm down with a modeled cabin as long as they don't sacrifice performance in the cockpit. If there are any negative ramifications at all, just skip the cabin.

I don't fly from back there. I can put a screenshot of an A320 cabin my laptop and stick it on the table behind me so that I can look back and see all the pretty ladies sitting back there.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

More Fenix pictures posted yesterday.

Azores_WW.png?width=1149&height=670

Night_WW.png?width=1191&height=670

ezy.png?width=1191&height=670

Disclaimer: Images taken months ago, but posted yesterday.

The want is stronger by the day... Hype machine definitely working... 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 10:19 AM, Swe_Richard said:

My wallet is safe. No use buying aircraft for a sim that crashes 9 out of 10 flights. 😂

Mine is the same way and pretty much the same frequency re CTD. I'm fed up with it for the most part and am flying XP11 at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, dbw1 said:

Mine is the same way and pretty much the same frequency re CTD. I'm fed up with it for the most part and am flying XP11 at the moment.

I have given up on MSFS now. I'll check back in a year or so. Thought I was on to something re. my CTDs, but was clearly wrong. I'll try to wean myself from flight sims all together. Might be difficult! 😆

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

i have 0 mods installed, only bought pmdg dc6 and crj......have 0 crashes since launch....own steam and MS versions👍  (i9/32gb/ssd/5700xt/etc.)  maybe my luck will run out 1 day 🙂

Edited by Beerz

On 8/7/2021 at 2:20 PM, Moria15 said:

Since I am more of a Gamer/Simmer than a Simmer/Gamer,  the 320  is not worth it for me.  I still use the delivered A320 and not the FBW one  ( I can hear the horrified intake of breaths around the world from here)

I have the DC6 from PMDG and love it, but I use the flight engineer exclusively.   Now if the 737 has a co-pilot/Flight Engineer that looks after most of the stuff then yeah..  if it's a typical PMDG where you have to do everything from scratch.. it wont be worth it for me.

Likewise, if it's like the Aerosoft CRJ and doesn't use the In-Game Flight Planner, then it will be a no, no matter what..  for me it's just not worth it.

For those that like to simulate an accurate aircraft, I hope it's everything you want 🙂

Graham

I’m the same as you, I’ve never bothered with any of the study level or whatever pay ware aircraft. I’m a plan from main menu and fly guy.

But The FBW A320 isn’t complicated at all. I find it just as simple to use as the base A320. Just a few extra switches to flip.  And you can still do Control+E to start up the engine and power. You can start from the runway.

I can’t go back to the default A320 because of its terrible climb performance 

Edited by Tuskin38

On 8/7/2021 at 9:19 AM, Swe_Richard said:

My wallet is safe. No use buying aircraft for a sim that crashes 9 out of 10 flights. 😂

Your wallet is not safe! You need a new PC. My rug runs MSFS10 out of 10 without CTD on one year old computer lol

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

16 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Your wallet is not safe! You need a new PC. My rug runs MSFS10 out of 10 without CTD on one year old computer lol

Haha.. yeah, seeing as everything else works like a charm but not MSFS I'll pass and try MSFS when they get their act together and fix the program. I am not holding my breath, though.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Computers...It's all about horsepower. Early 2019 I got my last machine: I9-9900k, 2080 - 8 gig, 32 gigs ram etc. Still runs everything fine. If I was to do it again I'd would spring for the 11 gig card. Seldom chunks out though with P3dV5 i have run out of VRAM more than once. I do like the visuals in MSFS and now that the CRJ and DC6 have come along there are some interesting addon aircraft. That said until the CTD situation is resolved I've had enough of MSFS.

Edited by dbw1
spelling...again, lol
  • Upvote 1

Not that excited about either honestly…I fly the E170/175 IRL and honestly it’s nice to step away from the automation in the sim. I’ll be sticking to the Dc-6, upcoming DC-3 and GA planes in MSFS.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

41 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Not that excited about either honestly…I fly the E170/175 IRL and honestly it’s nice to step away from the automation in the sim. I’ll be sticking to the Dc-6, upcoming DC-3 and GA planes in MSFS.

Hard to make a hobby out of a job. I'm sure no one has the energy to fly tube-liners after you just took a 2 hour extension to fly home, dodging T-Cells and dealing with an exhausted crew, all to not even add a minute above your monthly guarantee anyway.

Wooooh I don't miss it haha.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Haha.. yeah, seeing as everything else works like a charm but not MSFS I'll pass and try MSFS when they get their act together and fix the program. I am not holding my breath, though.

MSFS has much to offer even right now. But I understand everyone free to choose whatever they want. 
I can observed a significant leap from when MSFS was it beta. Even with all hiccups I project steady progress to the bright side 🙂DC-6 alone keeps me busy for a long while. More to come soon!

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

On 8/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, emsss78 said:

Yes Indeed...in fact I'm waiting for the PMDG 777...I prefer long haulers..

But...let's get a stable Sim first 

Stable sim and real world AI

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

4 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

I had CTDs so bad a few months ago, I almost quit simming and this was on a new PC. Got the AMD with it's timer driveouts and screen freezes replaced with a real GPU, a Nvidia, and new PSU to go with the GPU,  and that was the end of the CTDs. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310