Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

HOT FIX IS REALLY FRASTRATION FOR SOME

Hi!, I am tired of trying to update to the hot fix patches, after going through a lot of suggestion and instructions form others I could not update to version 1.18.14.0. now I have the same problem with hot fix 2, I have tried a lot of different

suggestions but no luck. So if anybody kindly give some workable solution then it will be great help to many people like my self. Thanking you top guys in advance. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Hi!, I am tired of trying to update to the hot fix patches, after going through a lot of suggestion and instructions form others I could not update to version 1.18.14.0. now I have the same problem with hot fix 2, I have tried a lot of different

suggestions but no luck. So if anybody kindly give some workable solution then it will be great help to many people like my self. Thanking you top guys in advance. Thanks 

Can you tell us a little more about what you are seeing?  What the problem is?   Is it hanging on the updater?   Are you just not getting the update (in the Store or in MSFS itself)?  

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Installing the XBox App into Windows 10 worked for me.

Before that it was stuck in a loop, when I started MSFS it would say there was a mandatory update, and take me to Windows Store, but the Store would tell me I was good to go. Lather, rinse, repeat...

After XBox was installed, it updated the very next time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Installing the XBox App into Windows 10 worked for me.

Before that it was stuck in a loop, when I started MSFS it would say there was a mandatory update, and take me to Windows Store, but the Store would tell me I was good to go. Lather, rinse, repeat...

After XBox was installed, it updated the very next time.

It was the same for me. Thanks to everyone who posted that solution!

Same for me, 2 hours playing around with the store and command prompts, store app resets etc. but the only thing that finally worked was installing the X-Box app.

The store updates mentioned by many had always worked before for me until this latest hotfix, but this one was extremely frustrating.

installing the XBox thing is necessary

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

SO if I understand you folks correctly , you must go to the Microsoft store and download the Xbox app.

and then you will be able to update Msfs 2020.

Am i reading this correctly?

thanks.....RObertC

Do you have the XBox app ?

If not get it, should work after it's installed..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Rdtcmttsa said:

SO if I understand you folks correctly , you must go to the Microsoft store and download the Xbox app.

and then you will be able to update Msfs 2020.

Am i reading this correctly?

thanks.....RObertC

Yes Microsoft is forcing everyone now to update games through the Xbox app instead of the Microsoft store. 

Thank you guys for the good advice in this thread. Have now updated.

The update/install process continues to be...pants!:blink:

OK thanks on that answer, one other question do i have to do this if Im running steam .

that is where I bought the sim.

Thanks....RobertC

30 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Yes Microsoft is forcing everyone now to update games through the Xbox app instead of the Microsoft store. 

I updated through the Microsoft store just fine.  I don't know if I also have the Xbox app, though.  I don't remember ever installing it.  I will check the next time I am at the computer. 

5 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

I updated through the Microsoft store just fine.  I don't know if I also have the Xbox app, though.  I don't remember ever installing it.  I will check the next time I am at the computer. 

Same I always update through the Microsoft Store first then check for the update in MSFS...no Xbox app installed here

I am having the same problem.  Run FS2020 then told there is an update takes me to the store and does nothing.  Loaded the xbox app it does the same thing?  Arggg