Sign in to follow this  
MOD_FLYER

HOT FIX IS REALLY FRASTRATION FOR SOME

I have the MS store version too and no X-Box app. After researching the forums, what worked was: go to the MS App store. Click updates. You'll see MSFS under Recent Activity. Click the game. It takes you to a new page. then click on the top left arrow to go back to the drop menu. Click downloads. The new page show show the progress of the update or that you can launch the game and install the update.   

NOTE!  This only worked for me once I rebooted the computer and went straight to the APP store upon launch!   When I first did this just coming out of MSFS, nothing happened for me either like all of you.

If my instructions are not clear, on the MS forum under Bugs and also under Discussion, the instructions are there by other members.

Good Luck!  

• Like 1

I don't have the X.box app and have never had any issues with updating MSFS2020 through the MS Store.  But I do have something called Gaming Services installed.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

The only thing that worked for me was downloading the Xbox app.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I had to go with the Xbox app route after mine got stuck in the same program/store loop. Add in the fact that I have to throttle the Internet just to download either the sim or any major updates, and you have to wonder how the world's largest software company can be so bad at delivering it's own software. 

• Like 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

On 8/7/2021 at 5:39 PM, JYW said:

Can you tell us a little more about what you are seeing?  What the problem is?   Is it hanging on the updater?   Are you just not getting the update (in the Store or in MSFS itself)?  

Thank you for your reply. I could not get the update in the ms store or after launching the sim. I have tried different way of updating in the store but every time the message comes"

you are good to go all your apps updated to latest" although, in ms store page shows that my current version of the sim is the old one -1.18.13.0

So just for clarity for others, the two recent hotfixes update the game launcher through the store you purchased it from (MS Store or Steam) it is NOT an in-game update. If you are having issues getting MS Store to update your MFS, getting the Xbox app might resolve your issue.

Also at this point i am glad I purchased through Steam, even if I don't get the benefits of any Marketplace purchasing appearing on the Xbox.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, MOD_FLYER said:

Thank you for your reply. I could not get the update in the ms store or after launching the sim. I have tried different way of updating in the store but every time the message comes"

you are good to go all your apps updated to latest" although, in ms store page shows that my current version of the sim is the old one -1.18.13.0

That is odd!

I had something similar with another title on the MS Store.  After almost giving up, I deleted the MS Store app from my PC, and reinstalled it.   When I logged back into it after the reinstall, it finally updated the app that was refusing to play nicely.

Could be worth a try.   Sorry, I'm out of other ideas but best of luck!

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 8/7/2021 at 5:46 PM, Marioalberto said:

I have the MS store version too and no X-Box app. After researching the forums, what worked was: go to the MS App store. Click updates. You'll see MSFS under Recent Activity. Click the game. It takes you to a new page. then click on the top left arrow to go back to the drop menu. Click downloads. The new page show show the progress of the update or that you can launch the game and install the update.   

NOTE!  This only worked for me once I rebooted the computer and went straight to the APP store upon launch!   When I first did this just coming out of MSFS, nothing happened for me either like all of you.

If my instructions are not clear, on the MS forum under Bugs and also under Discussion, the instructions are there by other members.

Good Luck!  

******* could this update be any more convoluted!

Never had to jump though this many hoops to update a game ever!

Chris Camp

Uninstall the Microsoft Gaming Services app. There are instructions on the MSFS zendesk pages. That worked for me after all else failed.