Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve43

Head movement on the ground

Guest steve43

I have been quite impressed with the head roll movement when in the VC and along with the reflection on the inside of the windows of the cabin this gives a nice feeling of movement and immersion.One question I have though is, after watching a movie recently of a real world landing with a wingview from the aircraft I noticed how much camera shake there was on landing due to the friction of wheels on tar and also on the braking of the aircraft. My question is, is it possible to make the cockpit shake when on the ground dependent on the speed. Basically what I am asking is is ground rumble or 'bumpiness' modeled at all so that we can change the amount of this? Its nice having the head roll due to braking but a little bumpiness would just be great!Steve

Usually, the camera shakes, more than a head actually does. For this reason, when I used active camera with FS9, I turned the head latency function way down.L.Adamson

Guest steve43

Yes, but does FSX model a kind of ground bump. I know that if you are using a force-feedback device, for example, you can 'feel' the ground but does it translate to the head movement?Steve