Sign in to follow this  
Gerabus

FSX Night Textures.

Can somone please help on this one.The night textures in FSX, compared to FS9 are very dark (See attached screenies) The shots where taken at identical scenery, (EGPF)same time,weather conditons and aircraft. Global textures, set to max, in both simsIs this the norm for FSX?Any help, appreciatedRegardsGerry

Guest allcott

SP1 fix, I think. See PhilTaylor blog and screenies for Seattle.Allcott

So I take it then that in it's present form. what you see is normal night textures?Gerry

That looks normal to me, for right now. But like allcott said, the night texturing is one thing that SP1 is going to address.We know that for certain, too.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

We are addressing dawn/dusk, I dont know if that translates to any larger "night" issue.Just being cautious here.

Thanks Guys for the info.I think I have gave this FSX a good chance. Now's the time for me to bin it. It does not have a patch(pardon the pun)on FS9 with all my aircraft,scenery and no hassle about performance. M.S, in my opinion have shot themselves in the foot but don't want to admit to it.Cheers GuysGerry

Hello PhilNow that FSX is released and we have all had a chance to have a good look at the new SIM, i have to ask, how did the Dawn/Dusk issue and the global deserts textures make it into the Gold release.Did the European beta guys not say "hey too sandy over here" or "Wow it gets dark quick in europe all of a sudden"Come on Phil We are all friends here, what really went on behind the scenes to cause the Sim to be sent out in such a state.

Guest captaindobbin

Anyone who has beef with the fsx landclass just go and buy cloud 9's x class. It's like 30 bucks for the whole world now, 10 for the US. Completely worth it. Honestly do some research and spend a crumb.

>Anyone who has beef with the fsx landclass just go and buy>cloud 9's x class. It's like 30 bucks for the whole world now,>10 for the US. Completely worth it. Honestly do some research>and spend a crumb. I just did a few "renames" of some various stock textures, and it cured most of the problems.. I don't get the vastdesert look anymore, and usually not the "desert" patchesto mountain areas any more either..You can fix most of it, and not pay a cent..MK