Sign in to follow this  
roland

Garmin G3X in King Air

Can somebody familiar with flying the King Air please let me know how to access the MFDs' menu?   

Like is there a way to show the map Track up instead of North up? Or is there nothing which can be changed? 

Roland

5 hours ago, roland said:

Can somebody familiar with flying the King Air please let me know how to access the MFDs' menu?   

Like is there a way to show the map Track up instead of North up? Or is there nothing which can be changed? 

Roland

In the default version, you cannot change the map orientation - only North up is available.

The Working Title G3X mod, does let you change orientation I believe, so you could give that a try.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Thank you.

I am already using the WT G3X mod but since SU4 I cannot change the map orientation anymore. In fact than mod adds next to nothing to the standard instruments and there is no update in sight.

Why doesnt the WT G3X mod have a menu...the write up says it does...and the picture shows it?

I have the same thing...I dropped the mod in and there is no change.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:48 PM, roland said:

Thank you.

I am already using the WT G3X mod but since SU4 I cannot change the map orientation anymore. In fact than mod adds next to nothing to the standard instruments and there is no update in sight.

For the King Air, your better option is the Black Square analog gauge pack, which allows you to configure the panel with your choice of Garmin GPS.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

With this warning on the top of the download page, why use it all.

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3x/

Attention!

This package is considered obsolete, as updates to the stock G3X Touch have enhanced it beyond the level of our mod. We provide it here for legacy users only. Users are now generally encouraged to use the stock G3X Touch as this one will no longer be updated."

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

17 hours ago, rennman said:

I have the same thing...I dropped the mod in and there is no change.

As above, you should not be using a mod at all for the G3X. Check your Content Manager to ensure everything is up to date.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

As above, you should not be using a mod at all for the G3X. Check your Content Manager to ensure everything is up to date.

The WT G3X actually is better at handling special characters in airport names.. the stock one can freeze if you load a flightplan with names it does not like..

• Like 1

Bert

Hi Bert. Yes I checked and my Kingair is up to date...but its still the same G3X and there is no menu button or any way to change the map orientation.