Sign in to follow this  
fclaass

FSPXAI widebody aircraft

Hi all,

I must say the current version is working flawlessly and I'm really enjoying it.  Just one question; I seem to have some weird 'floating' behaviour specifically with some FSXPAI widebodies  (B777, A330, etc.) after landing. They are floating a bit and therefore also the landing gear is not in the 'touched down' position.  Is there any way to fix this?  Could this be because I also have TFS A330/B777 installed in the same folder?

A332.png

See the screenshot

Hi,

I've also various FSPXAI wide body aircraft and it looks like some show this "hanging gear" and some do not. There are also ones that first go the the normal ground position and a few seconds later jump back to hanging gear....

In the next version I'm working on, I let aircraft touch down a little bit harder (120 ft/min instead of 60 ft/min) but that does not make any difference (even with 300 ft/min ).

It looks the internal logic off the ai aircraft (the ai model) is causing this...

Edited by kiek

22 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi,

I've also various FSPXAI wide body aircraft and it looks like some show this "hanging gear" and some do not. There are also ones that first go the the normal ground position and a few seconds later jump back to hanging gear....

In the next version I'm working on, I let aircraft touch down a little bit harder (120 ft/min instead of 60 ft/min) but that does not make any difference (even with 300 ft/min ).

It looks the internal logic off the ai aircraft (the ai model) is causing this...

Ah yes I also noticed that sometimes they go to normal postion and then hang again 😉   I thought because the front wheel is also floating, it might have something to do with the aircraft height or something

In 24.8 I have fixed this ... brute-force 😉

Edited by kiek

I read the release notes on how you're doing this...will this result in the aircraft getting a new GUID in the sim? What happens if you're following the plane from the AI Traffic menu? Will it drop?

Yes the aircraft gets a new objectid in the sim (that's how SimConnect works) If you were observing that specific aircraft by its callsign it will drop and you will have to select it again. 

However if you were looking at it from your user plane (as a pilot) or in Tower mode or in camera view it will remain visible.

Note that this trick  already was used by PSXT in case a new origin or destination or callsign was received if and when the aircraft existed in the sim .

If you don't like it and prefer to see aircraft taxi with a hanging gear or floating nose wheel i could add a hidden configuration parameter to switch it off.

Edited by kiek

Good to know this "brute force" can be disabled, as it obviously also makes all models disappear and being regenerated. I like following an AI from airborne to parked, so the parameter to switch this on/off is very welcome.