Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Are you ready for this one?

When "I'm on the ground" My rudder and flaps act crazy . I hold Rudder full left and it pops back to center, Hold rudder full right and it pops back to center. Try to set flaps and it flutters back and forth. "Now" this is what's puzzeling to me...... was that as soon as I get airborne, the control functions work fine.  Haven't a clue what would cause this.

Walt Popowski

You think that's nuts, when in the Air my Flaps are "vibrating" like mad causing an annoying sound. Like they're trying to open/shut a hundred times a minute. Yet when I press my VR Zoom Button (right mouse) they stop 😐 Only started happening with the bug infested SU5 of course, I've added a bit of Deadzone to my Flaps axis on my HOTAS but yet to fly to see if that helps.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

25 minutes ago, waltpop said:

When "I'm on the ground" My rudder and flaps act crazy . I hold Rudder full left and it pops back to center, Hold rudder full right and it pops back to center. Try to set flaps and it flutters back and forth. "Now" this is what's puzzeling to me...... was that as soon as I get airborne, the control functions work fine.  Haven't a clue what would cause this.

I see a (your?) similar post was flagged as clickbait on the official forum.

2 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Thanks. I'm not sure what that (Clickbait) is. I only come on here as a last resort when I'm stuck. They wanted me to edit my Topic, which I would but I don't know how to edit it. But thank you for informing me of this. Hope I didn't cause a commotion for anyone. 

Walt Popowski

1 minute ago, waltpop said:

I only come on here as a last resort when I'm stuck.

The official forums are great for novice users with simple problems. 

I've never seen the kind of issue that you describe, but it sounds like you have a conflict somewhere in the your controller settings. What controller are you using? Are you using FSUIPC to program the controller or are you doing that via the sim's UI?

I would also download one of those freeware USB controller button and axis testing utilities. With such an app you can test your controller independent of the sim.

Thank you. Using the Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle Quadrant. Have FSUIPC 7 on my computer but haven't used it for any programing. It is a weird issue for sure. I've been flight siming for over 14 years so it's not as if I'm  new to the game. but being humble I will never be a know it all, and I will always continue to learn. And at 75 I do have a few issues with remembering things.I didn't know there were USB controller buttons and axis testing utilities. I'll have to research these. But I do want to say Thank You for trying to help me out. See ya ay 4000' 300kts. Have a great day. Walt

Walt Popowski

3 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

That "official forum" sometimes is a PIA. They look at every post with a fine tooth comb,  and if something rubs them the wrong way, they pull it.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thank you Bob, no problem. I'll wave to you at 3000' when you go by. Walt

Walt Popowski

I actually had this occur to me the very first day I installed SU5 - rudder would move to left or right with input but would then drift back to center - made taxiing impossible.  Confirmed through the controller settings that the rudder pedals were working fine.

I then rebooted the machine and restarted and all was well.  Don’t have any other diagnostics to offer - since it repaired itself I didn’t probe further.

I guess tho - as any phone in help desk will lead with - “have you tried turning it off then back on?” 😉

My controller got all funky until I unplugged and plugged it back in again.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

14 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Have a look at your Assistance options, likely something like Takeoff Assistance. 

Yes I did that just to make sure. Thanks

Walt Popowski

14 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

I actually had this occur to me the very first day I installed SU5 - rudder would move to left or right with input but would then drift back to center - made taxiing impossible.  Confirmed through the controller settings that the rudder pedals were working fine.

I then rebooted the machine and restarted and all was well.  Don’t have any other diagnostics to offer - since it repaired itself I didn’t probe further.

I guess tho - as any phone in help desk will lead with - “have you tried turning it off then back on?” 😉

Exactly, right now it went back to working, but will have to see if it comes back. Thank you Walt

Walt Popowski

13 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

My controller got all funky until I unplugged and plugged it back in again.

Cheer

I'll give it a shot, thank you Walt

Walt Popowski