Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Pink Interiors?

Ever since the last hotfix (which has been great for my flying experience overall) I've noticed a new anomaly.  When I jump to a Drone view and look back at the aircraft, the interior (at certain magnifications) begins to glow kind of a lavender/hot pink color as though it was catching some kind of sunset reflection on interior surfaces.  Sometimes, if I zoom in a little, this disappears.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Randall Rocke

4 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Ever since the last hotfix (which has been great for my flying experience overall) I've noticed a new anomaly.  When I jump to a Drone view and look back at the aircraft, the interior (at certain magnifications) begins to glow kind of a lavender/hot pink color as though it was catching some kind of sunset reflection on interior surfaces.  Sometimes, if I zoom in a little, this disappears.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Plane + Mod not compatible.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

2 minutes ago, filou said:

Plane + Mod not compatible.

It just means you need to add an extra texture fallback to the Texture.cfg.

I'm not at my PC but I'll try to find what you need to add.

Here you go: (change the .8 to the next in your sequence)

fallback.8=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic 

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, ryanbatcund said:

It just means you need to add an extra texture fallback to the Texture.cfg.

I'm not at my PC but I'll try to find what you need to add.

Just remove any unsupported mods from community.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Just now, filou said:

Just remove any unsupported mods from community.

People would be deleting all their repaints in that case.  Asobo changed the way the interior textures are managed for repaints when SU5 came out. For instance, the WT CJ compatible liveries all show this pink interior.  Once the above line is added they work great.  Some of the authors have already done this.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You just have to remove only the "Interior" mod. There are not millions of them and apart from changing the color it adds other additional problems.I have never had a performance problem ,pink coloror or window crash even before the last update.

And when I fly with FS it's not for be a interior designer.

43 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

It just means you need to add an extra texture fallback to the Texture.cfg

Thanks for this.  The "mod" is Rob's beautiful G3Turbo version, so I'm not removing it.  His mod also came with some nice liveries, so I'm guessing "I'll be "in the pink" only when choosing one of the extra liveries when setting up my flights?  I'll try your edit, but I can always simply use the "default" MS livery.

Randall Rocke

10 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Thanks for this.  The "mod" is Rob's beautiful G3Turbo version, so I'm not removing it.  His mod also came with some nice liveries, so I'm guessing "I'll be "in the pink" only when choosing one of the extra liveries when setting up my flights?  I'll try your edit, but I can always simply use the "default" MS livery.

Don't know if you are aware but the Robert Young's Bonanza mod breaks the gear and water rudder in the C172 amphibian. If you ever try that plane in the future and you notice you can't raise or lower the gear or water rudder you need to uninstall the mod and it fixes it. Just a heads-up.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thanks for the heads-up - I never load more than one aircraft mod at a time w/the AddonsLinker.  I'm looking forward to trying the amphib.  When I fly the 172 no other aircraft will be in the Community folder.

Are there any issues with Garmin mods and the amphib?

Randall Rocke

6 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Are there any issues with Garmin mods and the amphib?

Not that I'm aware of.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Been in the middle of a long distance move, but I found this pink-lighting issue myself and with my own liveries too. But ryanbatcund was right... I simply added "fallback.X=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic" to my texture.cfg files and that corrected the issue. And I also added the code to my other favorite liveries that hadn't yet updated.

Cheers!

On 11/26/2021 at 9:43 PM, PacmanPilot said:

Been in the middle of a long distance move, but I found this pink-lighting issue myself and with my own liveries too. But ryanbatcund was right... I simply added "fallback.X=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic" to my texture.cfg files and that corrected the issue. And I also added the code to my other favorite liveries that hadn't yet updated.

Cheers!

The "X" just the next number?.

This what I have for a repaint :

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\Asobo_208B_GRAND_CARAVAN_EX\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\texture\AS1000
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\texture\Gauges
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\texture\AS700
fallback.5=..\..\..\..\texture\AS140
fallback.6=..\..\..\..\texture\Extinguisher
fallback.7=..\..\..\..\texture\Lights
fallback.8=..\..\..\..\texture\Glass
fallback.9=..\..\..\..\texture\DetailMap
fallback.10=..\texture

Shall I add this then ?

fallback.11=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

1 hour ago, SAPilot said:

Shall I add this then ?

fallback.11=..\..\..\..\texture\Planes_Generic

Yes.

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.