Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye71

How do I get ATC to ID my plane as American or United e...

I have downloaded several "repaints" of aircraft. I have also copied over the file that EditVoicePack uses. Now, for some of my repaints, I find I can select the aircraft name using the details button, and selecting the correct name from the list. For example, I have a American Airlines 737-800, and I find I can use any name from the drop down list, and ATC correctly uses whatever name I choose. However, I have other repaints that this does not work for. For example I have a Delta jet, that ATC IDs as "Boeing" no matter what name I select from the detail selection list. I have looked at the aircraft.cfg file, but can not determine what the difference is between the ones that work, and the ones that only get referenced to a Boeing? Any ideas? Thanks,Jim

I had the same problem with ATC not identifying the FSX CRJ-700's by their airline callsign, only by their manufacturer and tail number. I had added a repaint of the CRJ-700 in United Express colors and created a flight plan for it, only to find out that ATC would only identify it by its manufacture and tail number,not its callsign, even though I had the line "atc_airline=Skywest" in the aircraft.cfg file. I tried switching planes, using the default Orbit and Pacifica aircraft, but the problem persisted. Finally I figured out what the problem was. There is no line included within the CRJ-700's aircraft.cfg file named "atc_flight_number=". As soon as I added this line to my United Express entry and included a flight number, ATC would then correctly identify my aircraft by its callsign and flight number.

For flyable aircraft - the airlines.cfg file is the list of airline callsigns for the drop down list.You can just type in a callsign if you wish in the .cfg file - edit with Notepad.If - BIG IF - the callsign you type in matches a code to play a sound file, the ATC will call the aircraft by that name.If you use EditVoicePack for FS2004 - use EVP to update the airlines.cfg file.The copy the airlines.cfg file from the Aircraft folder in FS2004 and put the copy in the root folder of FSX, replacing the default file.

Hawkeye, Thanks, that is what I had to do. In my case I had the line atc_flight_number=but needed to make an entry after it, such asatc_flight_number=N737 Now I find I can assign any of the names(United, American, etc) to the aircraft.THANKS,JIm