Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Check out this YouTube video

Search for this you tube video:  MSFS - Are you really using ULTRA MODE?

I have confirmed what is shown In this video. Just carefully follow the directions and should also see this problem. 

Is microsoft aware of this problem?

Jim

5 minutes ago, JiBrady said:

Search for this you tube video:  MSFS - Are you really using ULTRA MODE?

I have confirmed what is shown In this video. Just carefully follow the directions and should also see this problem. 

Is microsoft aware of this problem?

There is a VERY long thread on  here pointing out and proving that very subject. I suspect it has been reported to Asobo but I am sure someone will also confirm this.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

5 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

There is a VERY long thread on  here pointing out and proving that very subject. I suspect it has been reported to Asobo but I am sure someone will also confirm this.

These is a really long thread on the FS forum too. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I'm flying over the west US with live weather and you wouldn't believe how smoky it is in RL.

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

It's click bait guys.  The issue is with the Building selector not the Global Rendering Quality selector.   Do your own check on this. He never discusses the effects on the clouds and runways textures which were clearly in Ultra at the start until he starts messing with GRQ selector. And he never mentions that this problem with buildings only occurs at some airfields of which there is a list somewhere on these enormous threads.

So...... 'Are you really using Ultra mode for Buildings?'  should be the title of this video.

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

8 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

It's click bait guys.  The issue is with the Building selector not the Global Rendering Quality selector.   Do your own check on this. He never discusses the effects on the clouds and runways textures which were clearly in Ultra at the start until he starts messing with GRQ selector. And he never mentions that this problem with buildings only occurs at some airfields of which there is a list somewhere on these enormous threads.

So...... 'Are you really using Ultra mode for Buildings?'  should be the title of this video.       

You are 100 % right 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

The video is accurate. I’ve reproduced this on other airports and not just with buildings. It can be seen with runway stripes and antenna towers, etc. 

• Like 1

👉 Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core (24 logical processors) \\ Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 OC \\ 64GB RAM \\ 2TB NVMe Solid State Drive (SSD) \\ 2TB SATA  Solid State Drive (SSD) \\ Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L AIO liquid CPU cooler \\ 750 Watt PSU \\ Two 34” Curved Ultra-wide LED QHD monitors \\ 20TB of attached storage (4x5TB) \\ Lian Li LANCOOL 205 case

Not sure whether he is right or wrong, but it costs nothing to try it (which I haven't yet).  I do get the feeling that something is missing from my msfs since the update and I guess those high framerates I am getting are coming from somewhere.

TBH, I'm not expecting any miracles here, but it costs nothing to check.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I get the feeling there are a lot of simmer who jump out of their chairs and cheer if they find something that MIGHT be a not 100% as the expect it to be.

Example is the video in which the poster snapped from front view to side view an complained about lod loading.

Does that chap have roller bearings in his neck?? Nobody switches view that way IRL.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Well, I can assure you that IRL you don't worry about LOD. 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

@David Roch I do. Then I remember to put my glasses on. 🤣

• Like 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Thank you for sharing the video. I don't know how you get that building selector from your last, but you can just type them into Google. I just checked and found a list that lists all the airfields with issues with rendering quality in Ultra.