Sign in to follow this  
jimdbird

How do I adjust screen?

It appears, no pun intended, than FSX handles cockpits differently that FS9.I solved this problem, usually but not always, by making the following change to the 'panel.cfg' file. Back it up first!See below. [Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=3375I made the SIZE_Y the same value as the SIZE_X.Post your aircraft 'panel.cfg' file. I would like to see what is in it.

// Legendary 727 Addon for Microsoft® Flight Simulator® 2004/2002// ver. 1.5 // ©2003 Captain Sim www.captainsim.com[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Icons PanelWindow02=Radio PanelWindow03=Autopilot PanelWindow04=Engine PanelWindow05=APU PanelWindow06=GPS PanelWindow07=Flaps PanelWindow08=Voice PanelFixed Window30=Overhead PanelFixed Window33=SO Panel[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,60,115VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.8VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.0,0.0,0.0VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=30,80,115VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=33,85,115VIEW_DOWN_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_DOWN_DIR=-30.0,0.0,30.0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.8VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_DIR=0.0,0.0,120.0[Window00]//file=bg.bmp background_color=0,0,0size_mm=1024,768window_size_ratio=1.00 position=7visible=1ident=MAIN_PANELrender_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000gauge00=b727.common.pro!Bg,490,0,5,5gauge01=b727.common.pro!BgMain,490,0,5,5gauge02=b727.main!Main, 0,0,1024,768gauge03=b727.common.pro!Main,500,0,5,5,2004......Day=255,255,255Night=4,4,4Luminous=128,0,0[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191SIZE_Y=4267

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks McCrash.I tried keeping them the same...but it had a strange effect..and it was also scewed the other way.. so I just randomly reduced it (SIZE_Y) to 6191 instead of 8191 ant it looks reasonable.[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8191//SIZE_Y=4267SIZE_Y=6191Manny

Manny

>Try 'SIZE_Y=6143' without the single quotes.Ah..That could be the magic number.. How did you arrive at that figure? IF you don't mind me asking.Manny

Manny

Yup..its perfect..Thanks.Manny

Manny

>>Try 'SIZE_Y=6143' without the single quotes.>>Ah..That could be the magic number.. How did you arrive at>that figure? IF you don't mind me asking.>>MannyI fudged your panel.cfg file in FS Panel Studio and in the main window I dragged the vertical slide all the way down.If you don't have FSPS then I recommend getting it.http://www.fspanelstudio.com/

I checked those two numbers in a spread sheet.Its 75%. so its that 3:4 Aspect Ratio.

Manny

I brought over the Guages too. I thought the guages in 727 wouldn't work (The last time I tried).Almost everything seems to work great in FSX. I have not tested everything ...but This is good enough for me.Let me go try their 707 and their C130:(MAnnyEdited to add:I can't even select the 707 in FSX. Its throwing memory CTD.I brought over the CS c130 to FSX.. Everything looks good..except the guages are not working. They are visible in 2D and in the VC. IT even asked me to register the Gau files when I selected the C130. But for some reason its not moving..They are static..just siting there. But the gear animation and flight model and sound and everything is there. Oh wel..atleast I'll have the eye candy version of the C130 for now.

Manny

Hey Manny,Try this, open the panel.cfg, for that aircraft. Look for this line (render_3d_window=0), change it to (render_3d_window=1).Hope this helps,Jim