Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

Difficulty Exporting Flight Plans After Update

Hi--I run P3dv4.5 HF3 on networked computers.  I've been using P2ATC on a client computer flawlessly for over a year in that setup.  I have never had any difficulty exporting P2ATC flight plans to P3D in the .pln format.  After the latest update, I have encountered difficulties.  Instead of a normal wait time after pushing the "export" button with the attendant "plan has been exported" advice, I now am encountering two issues.  The first is that hitting the export button does nothing.  It highlights itself, but for all but a single time the plan does not export.  (I have double checked the network path and it is the same as when exports worked).  The other problem is when I save plans within P2ATC they are in the ".vbf" format.  On the single occasion I was able to export the plan it showed in the P3D documents file (along with all other flight plans) as a .vbf file, not a .pln file.  As a result, P2A flight plans do not show up in the flight plan selection list withing P3D. 

Any help to get back to normal would be appreciated.would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Nothing about export .pln files changed in the latest version, so I don't know what caused the problem.

The .vbf format is an internal P2A format that is only written when you use the Save Button.  You can load them back later using the Load button.  The reason for this format is to preserve all the details of the plan, which exporting does not do.

Using the Export button, you can export to a variety of different formats for specific planes or SIMs.  There are multiple .pln formats for FSX, MSFS, and P3D.  So, it's important to use the correct one for P3D.

It sounds like something on the Host machine might have changed the Folder access settings such that it prevents P2A from writing to the designated folder.  I would suggest you change the location of the export to a folder on the PC that P2A is installed on and see if that works.  Then, try and get it to write to the SIM PC.

If it won't export to the P2A PC, then there may be something wrong with the flight plan.  In that case, send me a copy of the flight plan in the .vbf format, using the Save button, at admin@pilot2atc.com.  I can then load it and see if I can export it.

Dave

Thank you very much.  I will try the suggestions and get back to you.

Ps.  I really, really like P2ATC.

All fixed.  Thanks very much for your advice.