Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesHM

Captain Sim 727

I have never used any of their products.There are no screenshots of the panel or interiot.Anyone familiar with this plane?The price seems reasonable.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

That new 727 from CS is only an exterior model. Thats all.It does not come with a 727 panel and VC and flight model etc..that would constitute a complete flight sim.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for the reply.I just read a review of their 757 at Avsim and I see where you have to buy different packages or "blocks".Ron

Guest panda234

you might want to research the company a bit. There is lots of info on these boards...bill

>I have never used any of their products.There are no>screenshots of the panel or interiot.Anyone familiar with this>plane?The price seems reasonable.Thanks,RonHey Ron,The answers are quite simple.The reason you don't see any screenshots of the panel or interior is because the panel and interior don't exist yet. :-lolIf you study the CS commerce screen closely, you'll see that for $9.99, all you are getting it the EXTERIOR MODEL ONLY of the 727-100...NOTHING ELSE.Now, $9.99 ain't a bad deal if you're into flying an empty shell around, but you do get a great-looking model with tons of animations (even an working emergency escape chute....how cute!).Of course, they are selling this plane the same way they have been selling their 757...meaning that if you want a plane that actually is flyable, with working systems, it would be in your best interest to wait until they produce the "systems" package for this before you plop down any money thinking you'll be getting a complete bird soon (or ever) :-xxrotflmaoSince you are not familiar with CS and its commerce strategy, let me clue you in....the people who bought the 757 for FS9 well over a year ago are STILL waiting for a complete package...and CS has not even committed to stating if they will ever complete it. They are more focused now on FSX, and delivering what they implied they would way back when FSX wasn't even released yet doesn't seem to interest them much anymore. In fact, they just announced yesterday, after leading their hopeful 727 customers on for about a year concerning a promised service pack to fix critical bugs in the package, that they have dropped the development of any service packs for the FS9 727. Funny how that coincides with the release of the shiney new FSX 727 that you can of course purchase. :-roll707 customers are in the same boat....and watch my prediction come true that they will soon get the same nasty surprise from CS as the FS9 727 customers did.What some people don't seem to understand is that we are not asking CS to do charity work and dole out free stuff...we are just asking that they simply finish the products they start, and when they promise service packs to fix problems in the software they charged $30+ a pop for, they don't lead people on for ages, knowing good and well that they NEVER intended to release them...they were only stringing us along long enough to use the lame excuse that developing in FS9 is no longer economically viable for them. Well...it sure was economically viable a year ago when they were selling the product and had to appease the current customers!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks for all the info.I just lost interest.Ron

Guest panda234

"707 customers are in the same boat....and watch my prediction come true that they will soon get the same nasty surprise from CS as the FS9 727 customers did."It won't be a nasty surprise. Capatain Sim 707 customers have long since given up any hope of a patch.bill

>If you study the CS commerce screen closely, you'll see that>for $9.99, all you are getting it the EXTERIOR MODEL ONLY of>the 727-100...NOTHING ELSE.See no problem here.>Now, $9.99 ain't a bad deal if you're into flying an empty>shell around, but you do get a great-looking model with tons>of animations (even an working emergency escape chute....how>cute!).Yes it is. There are people who want to have fun and do not take this game as the most important thing in their life.>In fact, they just announced yesterday, after leading their>hopeful 727 customers on for about a year concerning a>promised service pack to fix critical bugs in the package,>that they have dropped the development of any service packs>for the FS9 727. You forgot to add that CS did released a small patch for the Leg 727, as a set or gauges you need to replace in your existing 1.5.

I own their original 727 which was for FS2002 I believe. I liked the 727 but I have not bought any of their products since. I guess I just wasn't interested in the buggy 707. The C-130 is supposed to be nice but it is not what I am in to. Nonetheless, the way they approached the 757 completely turned me off. When I saw the FSX 727, I got a little excited and I never read the fine print. From what I am reading here, it looks like they are doing the same thing they did with the 757 - releasing it in small stages.Captain Sim - please hear thisI will NEVER buy one of your products piece by piece. Finish the entire package and then release it - that is the only way I would consider another one of your products.The 727 and the 757 are two of my favorite aircraft an I will not buy either from you continue to release incomplete packages.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

If you like the 727, I would probably wait until one of the freeware developers produce one. Vistaliners and Eric Cantu have good ones for FS9Ron

Ron Service

>If you like the 727, I would probably wait until one of the>freeware developers produce one. Vistaliners and Eric Cantu>have good ones for FS9>RonYes but I only fly aircraft that have virtual cockpits. Since FSX does not support cockpit side views, I just can't fly in the 2d panel anymore. This is my single biggest problem with FSX. I think it is going to hurt freeware aircraft developers because most do not create aircraft with virtual cockpits.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest CharlesHM

I agree there are better ones. BTW: Paul, how is the DC-8 project coming?Kind Regards,Charles Huckelbery