Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

The Ultimate SU5 Test!

Hello everyone! I finally decided to do a little stress test with SU5 and I was pretty impressed with the results. I took this long to test out the airliners as I am currently doing a lot of GA flying as I am doing a World Tour 🙂

Airport: KJFK

Weather: LIVE - Cloudy and stormy skies

Aircraft: FBW - Dev Version

Graphics Settings: Mostly on Ultra with some High and a Terrain LOD of 5. 

Resolution: 1440p

FPS:

VC: 37-40 FPS, very smooth stutter free takeoff experience. 

Outside View: 50-55 FPS

Results & Remarks: Overall I am very pleased with the results. The ONLY thing that really stinks is that as soon as I pan the camera around I get a HUGE drop in FPS and get a LOT of stutters. Other than that I was pretty impressed! Please feel free to DM me on Discord if you have any question or if I can help in any way. 

Cheers!

Screenshot-680.png

Edited by iFlySimX
  • Like 1

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

ASOBO said they're adding a LOD setting so that the sim will load around you (say 180 degrees) and when you pan your view you wont get the poppoing, texture loading etc..which cause an FPS drop. 

I think when that happens our FPS will get back down a lot more because the sim will be rendering 180 degrees vs say 45 degrees like it is now. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

15 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

ASOBO said they're adding a LOD setting so that the sim will load around you (say 180 degrees) and when you pan your view you wont get the poppoing, texture loading etc..which cause an FPS drop. 

I think when that happens our FPS will get back down a lot more because the sim will be rendering 180 degrees vs say 45 degrees like it is now. 

You mean a slider? In that case it will be up to the user what the setting will be. I use TrackIr and actually don't notice the scenery popping-in at all. I'm happy with the current configuration.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

It's up to the user how much they set the slider to.  If you leave the slider equal to what it is now, your FPS shouldn't go down at all.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

What will that slider put stress on? CPU, GPU or both?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I find that I get very little stuttering (if any) if I pan using the mouse or Xbox controller - snap view left or right though is a different matter.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

3 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

The ONLY thing that really stinks is that as soon as I pan the camera around I get a HUGE drop in FPS and get a LOT of stutters.

There's also the minor issue of generally downgraded graphics in the name of Xbox, namely pixelated clouds, shimmering trees/buildings, decreased AA, lower resolution ground textures, cartoon colours, and overdone bloom. 

Results & Remarks: Overall I am very pleased with the results.

A lot of people are. Just out of curiosity though, I completely reinstalled from scratch and noticed that if anything, it now seemed a tad bit faster, than when I simply did the update.

The ONLY thing that really stinks is that as soon as I pan the camera around I get a HUGE drop in FPS and get a LOT of stutters.

Not seeing that on my end. Hopefully you can track down the cause.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Results & Remarks: Overall I am very pleased with the results. The ONLY thing that really stinks is that as soon as I pan the camera around I get a HUGE drop in FPS and get a LOT of stutters. Other than that I was pretty impressed! Please feel free to DM me on Discord if you have any question or if I can help in any way. 

I find the panning left/right stutters to be very scenery dependent, which makes sense.  If there's a lot going on around you, it will take more effort to render.

By far the worst source of this type of sutters is pan up/down.  If I pan down to look at my instruments so they fill the screen, then pan up to look out front, the mother of all stutters occurs.

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

You mean a slider? In that case it will be up to the user what the setting will be. I use TrackIr and actually don't notice the scenery popping-in at all. I'm happy with the current configuration.

I agree with you, For once us folk that do not have nuclear powered systems are actually getting an enjoyable experience so I do really hope Asobo truly give the user control and not just cater to those with the highest spec systems money can buy.

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, Richdem said:

I agree with you, For once us folk that do not have nuclear powered systems are actually getting an enjoyable experience so I do really hope Asobo truly give the user control and not just cater to those with the highest spec systems money can buy.

I totally agree! And for people that do have high-end systems, we'd like to be able to utilize them and get rid of the LOD scenery popping, because it's really breaking the immersion for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Yes, correct. I forgot to add that important part. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom