Sign in to follow this  
Seth2021

New windows 10 updates & Game Mode fix

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Well should make no difference for those of us who have always used maximum performance in our plans anyways. 

I used Maximum performance also ( Process lasso - Bitsum highest performance ) but with Game Mode ON i earned more fps.

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

4 hours ago, Emerson67 said:

Do you guys know there's Ultimate Performance power plan? It also fixes clock issues with "lots-of-cores" CPUs on some systems

Yes, that is what I use.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Does this only apply to 21H1 version?

Don’t want to derail the topic, but as a non Windows user (aside from MSFS) and not being familiar with their update processes, does this mean that not all e.g. Windows 10 Home versions are the same? I.e. if I bought Win 10 Home edition two years ago, as opposed to buying it this year would I not be entitled to run the same version as a newer purchaser?

1 minute ago, Redge said:

would I not be entitled to run the same version

yes, you would and ARE entitled to but need to update Win10 through settings --> update and download/install the various service packs

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

19 minutes ago, Redge said:

Don’t want to derail the topic, but as a non Windows user (aside from MSFS) and not being familiar with their update processes, does this mean that not all e.g. Windows 10 Home versions are the same? I.e. if I bought Win 10 Home edition two years ago, as opposed to buying it this year would I not be entitled to run the same version as a newer purchaser?

I believe win 10 pro has more power profiles than win 10 home. Not if that has changed over the years. 

Edited by djbully

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

47 minutes ago, DAD said:

yes, you would and ARE entitled to but need to update Win10 through settings --> update and download/install the various service packs

Ok cheers. So I’ve seen a lot of people mention eg the 21H1 update and then hint that they don’t update. Are there “good” reasons not to do so?

1 minute ago, Redge said:

Ok cheers. So I’ve seen a lot of people mention eg the 21H1 update and then hint that they don’t update. Are there “good” reasons not to do so?

Very honestly, no reason.
Win 10 is today a very stable OS and most of the updates are flawless.

• Like 4

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

53 minutes ago, Redge said:

If you buy Windows 10, any version, you will get updates now and then to keep it up to speed. You're not stuck with the one you bought.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

4 minutes ago, Redge said:

Agree with sentiments above.  No reason.

I'm on 21H1 and I've got the latest "Patch Tuesday" update from Microsoft fixing the Game mode issue (not that I particularly noticed I was afflicted TBH).  Also running with latest NVidia Game Ready drivers.

All is good. I fly the FBW A320 mostly and running happily with that in the environment I've described.

• Like 1

These various windows updates have mostly fixed and improved things, at least for me. They have broken something once too, but I managed to get around it. All in all there are mostly positives to updating Windows, in my humble opinion.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

I haven't experienced any improvement in fps, but I've noticed the difference between having game mode on, and HAGS on, compared to having them both off, is getting smaller. I used to see a very big drop in performance with either turned on.

4 hours ago, Redge said:

No. All Windows 10 devices get the same updates. The difference is what features are included in a given version (example: Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc).

Need more time to test, but the anecdotal first pass after the cumulative update is that MSFS performance is better.

I updated my nVidia drivers to the latest WHQL that just dropped, after testing the OS update, and they work well too.