Until recently, I hadn't had any real issues with MSFS, though the various updates didn't seem to add a lot.  But the last "update" has broken more than anything else, I've lost track of the number of things that are broken now.

Recent airports no longer show

CTDs

Spoiler key doesn't work

CTDs

Longitude throttle levers don't move

CTDs

So many more!

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

SU5 utterly destroyed the sim for me. It is completely unusable. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I've put about 20 hours into the longitude post SU5, throttles move in the cockpit and work just fine for me #shrug

hRFNO3O.jpg

Edited by CaptainNick
  • Like 5

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

And you felt the need to start another thread about this because?

I've done several flights in the Citation Longitude post SU5 - no new issues. Shrug.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

And you felt the need to start another thread about this because?

I've done several flights in the Citation Longitude post SU5 - no new issues. Shrug.

Because it’s a real and undeniable issue where lots of people got their sim destroyed by SU5 + the ”fixes”…? Because it is actually a good idea to keep telling Asobo that ”no, there is something seriously messed up here, fix it.”? 

• Like 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

6 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Until recently, I hadn't had any real issues with MSFS, though the various updates didn't seem to add a lot.  But the last "update" has broken more than anything else, I've lost track of the number of things that are broken now.

Recent airports no longer show

CTDs

Spoiler key doesn't work

CTDs

Longitude throttle levers don't move

CTDs

So many more!

Did you empty your Community folder?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'm exposed to a strange bug since SU5, all of a sudden the camera view changes to floor level without me doing anything, the second after the whole picture starts flashing violently as if the game had an epileptic seizure, it does not stop flashing if I go back to the main menu either , and it can't be turned off normally, the only way is to force it to close through the task manager.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Still odd that some seem to be getting issues and some don't.  It's hard to fathom.  With the number of issues you are having Andy, reinstalling might cause you a lot less hassle in the long term.  Otherwise we just have to learn to live with them and hope that they get fixed in future updates.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

My spoilers don't work with the / key, but I am betting it's just a lost control assignment. A few key assignments for views seem to have gone astray too. SU5 definitely broke a few things, but it's hardly "destroyed the sim", it's just annoying have to reinput those key maps and waiting for developers to update their addons.

I'm not saying everyone, but many people screaming about CTDs ultimately find out it was caused by something third party (and not necessarily stuff that lives in the community folder). Case in point below, all blamed on SU5 then it's realised it's a seasons addon causing a long load time:

I had one CTD on the initial update, attributed it to TheFrett's G36 mod, the WT G1000 and the G1000NXI not playing together nicely, removed some of those, problem solved.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

the WT G1000 and the G1000NXI not playing together nicely

Yeah they’ve been saying since release of the NXI not to run those two together.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

My spoilers don't work with the / key, but I am betting it's just a lost control assignment. A few key assignments for views seem to have gone astray too. SU5 definitely broke a few things, but it's hardly "destroyed the sim", it's just annoying have to reinput those key maps and waiting for developers to update their addons.

I'm not saying everyone, but many people screaming about CTDs ultimately find out it was caused by something third party (and not necessarily stuff that lives in the community folder). Case in point below, all blamed on SU5 then it's realised it's a seasons addon causing a long load time:

I had one CTD on the initial update, attributed it to TheFrett's G36 mod, the WT G1000 and the G1000NXI not playing together nicely, removed some of those, problem solved.

Go to the official FS forum and read the hundreds of posts on Post SU5 CTDs. It will take you a long time to read them all.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/bugs-and-issues/ctds/260

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Most of what I use is the default stuff that came with the program, and I still get CTDs, often even when I'm just on the screen to select my point of departure and arrival.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

9 hours ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps shown on this page that was published by Microsoft?

Kev

Or reinstalled MSFS, or Windows, or replaced PC?  That should almost cover it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Most of what I use is the default stuff

...but have you tried completely emptying the Community folder, of everything?

Until you do that, you won't know for sure whether something in there (that you may think is harmless, like some scenery) is causing the CTDs.

Although the vanilla sim is completely stable for me now, I am still finding mods on a daily basis that cause problems - yesterday it was the G36 Improvement Mod.  Case in point; this mod has apparantly been updated for "SU5 compatibility", yet it still 100% causes CTDs for me. Once I remove it - no CTDs at all.

As others said, make sure you never have more than one of these in the community folder, at any time:-

• G1000 NXi (Marketplace, not community folder)
  • Working Title G1000
  • Working Title G3000
  • Working Title G3X
  • PMS GTN750
  • PMS GNS 530 mod

I am sure that avionics mods are a big cause of CTDs at the moment.  If you ensure that you only have one of the following installed at any time (for whichever plane you're about to fly), I'm sure it ensures much higher stability in the sim.  Or at least that's what I have found.

"Improvement mods" to planes also cause many problems at the moment, beause they change variables that Asobo have now made hard-coded changes to.   Remove them all and fly completely default planes for at least a few days, to see if you still get CTDs.

Liveries - many cause huge problems because of hard-coded changes to LODs.  Seen all these posts about liveries that have "turned magenta or purple, on the wings" etc? .... that's what that is.

Make sure your settings are sensible, for your hardware.  No-one talks about it much, but I believe that MSFS can simply crash if your system is being pushed too hard.   When I push my settings too high, odd things start to happen; my TrackIR stops working, my mouse disappears, ATC starts acting more goofy than usual, etc.  I get graphical artifacts. All signs that my PC is not keeping up with the demands being put on it.  Since I moved my settings down to High with some heavy hitters to Medium I've seen a huge increase in stability.

Good luck!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)