Sign in to follow this  
Soulflight

Tool to find conflicting Airport BGL files wanted

Hello everyone,

I increasingly run into issues with my installation when i install any kind of new addon airports. Even though i always search for older sceneries before the installation of a new version of the same airport/region, some thing get overlooked and causes issues like double buildings.

An example is virtualcols colombia virtual extreme, which I installed like 6 years ago but has outdated airports which conflict with modern PKSim ones when installed. But i would like to keep the non-airport objects that virtualcol has. (This is just an example, its not a support issue for the devs.)

Is there any tool that allows me to find out which bgl files get loaded for a specific airport? That would enable me to find conflicting scenery and delete it without messing around too much?

Thanks for any tips 🙂

Edited by Soulflight

Freeware Little Nav Map (LNM). Load the scenery under the menu Item "Scenery Library".  After the scenery is loaded into the LNM database, LNM will show which files are to used to generate the airport in the airport overview when the airport is selected. Available here Alex Projects - Little Navmap (albar965.github.io)

Scenery Config Editor in another freeware program to organize and enable/disable your scenery layers. Available here FS2004/FSX SceneryConfigEditot - (sourceforge.net)

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:29 PM, Soulflight said:

An example is virtualcols colombia virtual extreme, which I installed like 6 years ago but has outdated airports which conflict with modern PKSim ones when installed.

Hi, 
Frequently the only files that need to be deactivated/uninstalled from a previously installed airport, in order to resolve any conflict, are the AFCAD files. I use a payware utility called Airport Facilities X (Flight1) to identify AFCAD files for specific airports which may cause conflicts. Although this doesn’t seem to be available any longer, I think there may also be freeware utilities out there that enable you to do this. 
Bill

Scruffy Duck use to offer an small application titled "SimpleAirportScanner".  Darned if I can find it on their new page although you might be able to find a copy by doing an Internet search.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem