Sign in to follow this  
fulfern

No traffic at EDDF ?

Maybe I'm missing something, but the source file you posted is an FS9 (ttools) source traffic file...The same AC#33 flightplan line, in TDB (FSX) source format, should be something like:AC#33,D-AZRA,98,FOUR_HOURS,IFR{010931,EDDF,330,2947030931,EGGW,340,2946}In any case, sticking to the default FSX "trafficAircraft.bgl", what I'm trying to explain is that (on my PC) even if I reload the original FSX installation (GHOST backup, with no other addons, aircraft, etc. ) I don't see any aircraft at EDDF, while I see them (of course in the originalfictitious FSX liveries) at the other airports.

Do you have the Deluxe version so you can look at the traffic with TrafficToolBox Explorer.The default FSX airport at EDDF has 178 parking spots:77 - Small Gate - 18m60 - Medium Gate - 23m2 - Heavy Gate - 36m7 - Ramp Cargo - 50m21 - Ramp GA Small - 10m6 - Ramp GA Medium - 14m5 - Ramp GA Large - 18mOver 60 of those spots have jetways

>Maybe I'm missing something, but the source file you posted>is an FS9 (ttools) source traffic file...>The same AC#33 flightplan line, in TDB (FSX) source format,>should be something like:Yes, it has been decompiled into the TTools format. I posted this so you could see the times of the flights and the required traffic %.

Reggie,thank you for the tip.Just enabled traffic explorer.Traffic AI setting at 100%The table shows lots of aircraft from/to other airports except for EDDF.Ground vehicles like ants at EDDF but... still no aircraft.The mistery continues...

I've had EDDF running with my TTools FS9 flightplans and aircraft for about 9 hours now.Right now I have 137 aircraft on the ground at EDDF.I have no clue what might be the issue. You might try turning off airport vehicle traffic.That will cut back quite a bit when I fix the AIA B747's to have correct wingspan sizes. I do find most FSX airports to be short on parking for B747, A340, B777, A330 and IL96 heavies.

I also have over 120 AI Planes on the ground. That does not include what is arriving and departing.I fixed all the wingspan and empty weight settings before I started transfering FS9 FP's into FSX.Also removed all @'s and brought the aircraft.txt speeds back up to TAS (new compile) prior to installing into FSX.

>Gypsy Baron, it is all very well saying how clever you were>to convert FS9 format traffic files to FSX format, but it>doesn't help those poor guys who are having problems seeing>their own AI.>>The simplest solution for them is to rename/remove the default>TrafficAircraft.bgl then they will see their TTools compiled>aircraft.>It was no cleverness of mine that led to my converting FS9traffic BGL's to FSX traffic BGL's. It was the cleverness ofanother person who noted how very similar the FS9 and FSx BGLformats are and where the differences were.He then wrote a program to address the differences and do a few other adjustments.I happened upon a link to this program in another forum, however, he is the same person who authored a program available here inthe Avsim library to add AI aircraft carrier traffic to FSX intrue FSX traffic format.If you look for "aicarriers1.zip", download it and then go to theauthors site you should find the utility to convert flightplansto FSX....then you can have your cake (FS9 traffic ) and eat ittoo ( with FSX traffic ). Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Hi. I have the FS2004 UT Traffic file bgl in FSX. What exact utility are you using to convert the FS2004 flightplans? Will it convert the UT Traffic.bgl? Thanks, regards, Bob.

FWIW I use FS9 airliner traffic only (Un FSX converted) with modified UT flightplans. Mostly US airlines, but I have the main Europe and some Asian also. I ise WOAI, and EvolveAI aircraft. My traffic explorer shows 64 aircraft around EDDF at 12:15 UTC. This is what I see at the airport! Lufthansa being the most prevalent.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169457.jpg

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d