Sign in to follow this  
Flyfaster_MTN002

You do not have enough bandwidth to stream photogametry

Has anyone else seen this error/warning? Just popped up on approach and have 100MB connection!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Has anyone else seen this error/warning? Just popped up on approach and have 100MB connection!

It's not the connection to your house that's important..  it's the speed of the slowest part of the connection between you and the server.

Try checking the speed across the entire run to the servers you use and see if there is a leg of that run that is underperforming.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

it is called running a trace route. google it

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

22 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

This annoyance is affecting a lot of people lately (I guess after the joint SU5/Xbox release). For some unknown reason, some very capable connections (like yours and mine also) are being throttled down by the MS servers. That affects the download of the MSFS updates, and playing the title as well.

Some people (there's a long thread about this at the official MSFS forums) are suggesting the use of a VPN to re-route the internet connection through the MS servers and your destination, and most of them are saying that's better than without a VPN. To be honest, even if I have one of the best VPN payware providers available, I've been reluctant to use it to avoid any ban or service disruption from the MS wiseguys.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

If you run Ookla on the same computer which MSFS is located , then you know the speed MSFS sees.

I have a 100 Mbps connection too.

There are 2 rotatable ears on the router. If I don't have those router ears pointed in the correct orientation I get a speed of 12 on Ookla. Correct orientation means matching the rotatable ears on the wifi card antenna on my computer which has a 3 foot extension wire to hang that antenna up in the air.

If I point those 2 ear antennas on the router correctly, I get a speed of 42 on Ookla (using a USB computer card with one ear which has a 3 foot extendable by wire antenna with one ear).

I changed that computer card to a card with 2 ears (instead of 1 ear), also on a 3 foot wire: speed is 86.

Let's go back to that router: if it was a router or a gateway (router + modem like the cable company rents out, with out any antenna ears) then I would have a speed of 12 (one ear on the computer), or estimated 20 (two ears on the computer).

Antenna ears (at least 2) on both the router and on the computer (with extension wire to hang those antenna ears up in the air) will work wonders if you are a long way from the router.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

5 minutes ago, edpatino said:

This annoyance is affecting a lot of people lately (I guess after the joint SU5/Xbox release). For some unknown reason, some very capable connections (like yours and mine also) are being throttled down by the MS servers. That affects the download of the MSFS updates, and playing the title as well.

Some people (there's a long thread about this at the official MSFS forums) are suggesting the use of a VPN to re-route the internet connection through the MS servers and your destination, and most of them are saying that's better than without a VPN. To be honest, even if I have one of the best VPN payware providers available, I've been reluctant to use it to avoid any ban or service disruption from the MS wiseguys.

Thanks that is amazing and pretty disappointing. This is a 100MB symmetrical wired connection for reference. Generally see low (18ms) ping times to the server and have not had any latency in the past...

Ironically of note received a Azure text to speech ATC error (similar to above error message) that preceded the above error. Wonder if their servers are having issues / overloaded ?

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

As any ham radio user will tell you, tricks like amplified extenders a mesh are nice, but start with a good antenna. A good antenna is the biggest factor. Except for a LAN line, which rules them all.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

16 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Wonder if their servers are having issues / overloaded ?

I guess that's the root cause

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Just click 'Ignore' and fly on. It's being a nanny.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Just click 'Ignore' and fly on. It's being a nanny.

Looks like you did not completely read the post. It's a lot more than that and is affecting a lot of users worldwide.

Cheers, Ed

not sure it's related but since the latest update the satellite imagery of Alaska to Eastern Russa has been struggling to fully load for me.  Just rotating the camera around the aircraft at any height and the ground textures are giant squares.   I have a wired 100mbps direct to the cable modem. 

Edited by Isaiah53six

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

Without going into it too much due to NDA, been happening since Beta, it was supposed to be fixed after most people complained, and it did tbf, to many users, but im still having this issue despite stable connection, so i giving the sim a little rest until things are working again.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jonathon James

I'm in the UK with Virgin Media. I have fibre broadband with Virgin media and pay for a 200mb connection,. We were early adopters when the cables were first put into our area. I haven't checked for a while but Virgin openly had a policy of down throttling speeds at times of high demand. I can't speak for other providers but I'm guessing that this is pretty universal?q

• Like 1