Sign in to follow this  
kt069

EGSS-London Stansted - Free, Very Detailed and Nice Airport

39 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Just flying around here again now and noticed the moving monorail and the FedEx/TNT depot.  This really is outstanding. If I had bought this from a payware developer (and I would have) I would have been very pleased. 

The only unrealistic point I have noticed is the total lack of an army of armed police parading up and down the passenger drop off point threatening to shoot any car driver with or without a disabled badge on display who dares stop for more than 30 seconds to drop of their aging relatives and luggage.

Apart from that, the thought that has gone into the project is almost approaching that of Gatwick a good few versions back. It would be great if the chap can polish it up yet more, but I will not be at all upset if he does not have the time and this is the final version.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Wondering… with the default London City which is pretty detailed, the massive and detailed Gatwick freeware add-on plus this and others such as London City Airport payware etc - doesn’t flying over London become a slide show?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

22 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Wondering… with the default London City which is pretty detailed, the massive and detailed Gatwick freeware add-on plus this and others such as London City Airport payware etc - doesn’t flying over London become a slide show?

Since SU5.. Nope 🙂

• Like 4

Bert

1 hour ago, Espana Pete said:

The only unrealistic point I have noticed is the total lack of an army of armed police parading up and down the passenger drop off point threatening to shoot any car driver with or without a disabled badge on display who dares stop for more than 30 seconds to drop of their aging relatives and luggage.

Seems fairly liberal compared to EGTE where there is absolutely nowhere to drop anyone off or pick anyone up without paying a £1 charge or face a £60 fine. I am scandalised by it every time!😂 Daylight robbery doesn't do it justice... And that's nothing to EGSH where you have to pay a £10 surcharge just to be allowed to board your flight!!! Don't these people realise that my blood pressure is already on the high side?

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

Very nice work from the creator. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Nope.  I have the ultimate heathrow asobo airport.. the freeware Gatwick and Stanstead, the Orbx London City and of course the UK World update and ORBX London update and I can fly in and out of any of the airports of Ultra settings on 2k screen without dropping below 50FPS in any aircraft with live weather and AI traffic set to 80% and a traffic matching add-on to add aircraft at the airports with no stutters.

SU5 has done wonders in that regard.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Downloaded Stanstead. Very nice indeed. I have noticed an obvious problem though and I am not sure where the issue lies. I also have the top edition of the sim and the UK update installed. I have this new Stanstead add on and also the Gatwick add on. I do not have London City or other add ons in this area.

I took a low level flight across from Stanstead to Heathrow and at several points along the route I came across long, straight, narrow, deep gully's/ravines. Clearly glitches in the terrain. They stretched in a straight line to the horizon in both directions running around 90 degrees to the flight path (I was flying direct between the two airports). One side of the ravine has a steep textured slope and the other side is a vertical drop with a solid black texture. These ravines are probably 30 metres deep. There were three or 4 of these along the route and they only become visible at fairly close range due to the low flight level. I was around 1500’ agl.

Can someone please try this flight and let me know if it is only my system? (add on conflict maybe). Thanks!

PS I did not take screen shots but they are pretty obvious and ugly, you wont miss them if they exist on your system too.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Downloaded Stanstead. Very nice indeed. I have noticed an obvious problem though and I am not sure where the issue lies. I also have the top edition of the sim and the UK update installed. I have this new Stanstead add on and also the Gatwick add on. I do not have London City or other add ons in this area.

I took a low level flight across from Stanstead to Heathrow and at several points along the route I came across long, straight, narrow, deep gully's/ravines. Clearly glitches in the terrain. They stretched in a straight line to the horizon in both directions running around 90 degrees to the flight path (I was flying direct between the two airports). One side of the ravine has a steep textured slope and the other side is a vertical drop with a solid black texture. These ravines are probably 30 metres deep. There were three or 4 of these along the route and they only become visible at fairly close range due to the low flight level. I was around 1500’ agl.

Can someone please try this flight and let me know if it is only my system? (add on conflict maybe). Thanks!

PS I did not take screen shots but they are pretty obvious and ugly, you wont miss them if they exist on your system 

Theres also a gully just outside of Heathrow running towards London city. Been like that since uk update for me 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I lost about 1-2 frames on my approach to the new Stanstead mod. Acceptable trade-off.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jarmstro said:

It's excellent. I would like to see more realistically sized taxi route and runway signs in a future edition but that's a very minor thing.

I Agree, the taxi signs are very small and not easy to read unless you zoom in to them, otherwise excellent scenery.

Hopefully, this airport will be updated for these minor things and will be excellent, soon.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

This is great but I get a big old frame rate hit from it. I'm not sure why because Gatwick has always run fine for me. 

This has been updated today - 

https://flightsim.to/file/18965/london-stansted-airport-egss

V2 Changelog:

• Many additional markings & apron improvements
  • More attractive grass finished across the airport
  • Fixed runway start positions
  • Fixed windsock rotation
  • Fixed ground elevation particularly near Ryanair hangar
  • Updated night lighting on the terminal buildings
  • Updated night lighting on the hotels & police station
  • Larger taxiway signs & more of them placed
  • Many additional placed objects