Sign in to follow this  

From the FAQ here:

The flight plan does not show up correctly in MSFS

MSFS has many issues loading flight plans. Additionally the format is not documented yet which requires a lot of guesswork.

The following issues are known so far:

• MSFS automatically adds transitions to approach procedures as well as SID and STAR if plan is of type IFR. Changing these results in a completely new routing.
  • Saving a direct plan between two airports of type IFR will result in MSFS adding intermediate waypoints and procedures like SID and STAR.
  • You cannot use airways or procedures for VFR flight plans. MSFS will quietly remove these.
  • MSFS cannot load round trips where destination is equal to departure in some cases.
  • MSFS uses turn anticipation which may result in wrong flight plan display in the GPS units or autopilot behavior. The GPS or autopilot will take a shortcut for hard turns which sometimes messes up a flight plan, for example. Turn anticipation is a function performed by FMS or RNAV devices to tell the pilot when to initiate a turn to the next waypoint on the programmed flight path to avoid overshooting the programmed course.
  • Altitude at waypoints and sometimes the cruise altitude is ignored and replaced by MSFS’ own idea of a climb and descent profile which has nothing to do with the Little Navmap profile. This happens despite Little Navmap saving the altitude for each waypoint.
  • Flight plan names must not contains special characters like umlauts or accents. Little Navmap replaces these automatically when exporting a plan.

Apart from these issues above you might see MSFS crashes or corrupted flight plans when loading.

Also read the chapter Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Airports and Navdata in the Little Navmap user manual to minimize issues with different navdata.

Alex

Edited by albar965
Turn anticipation.
  • Like 1

Asobo needs to know how my of us rely on LNM and @albar965 to enhance our flight sim experience. Any positive suggestions on how we would do this Alex?

PS - It's time to rally and kick Asobo's behind. Once you have again reached your level of protection @albar965, I feel it's time to go payware with all the LNM addons.

I don't have any real problems with Little NavMap and MSFS2020, but in flying a pre-built VFR flight plan, I wanted to add an approach to an airport, not as a procedure but just as two additional waypoints, which are valid Navigraph navaids.

The plan is PAHO to two user waypoints to PAMR.

PAHO
W1
W2
PAMR

I want to remove the 2nd user waypoint W2 and add YOHOE and RICKR to the plan. First, I can't find anything in the manual about inserting a waypoint/userpoint, Like clicking on the particular waypoint and having an "ADD" (or Add Before/Add After) function.

PAHO
W1
YOHOE
RICKR
PAMR

So do I just create a userpoint for each of the navaids? And then what is the best way to insert those waypoints into the plan?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

15 hours ago, gpbarth said:

So do I just create a userpoint for each of the navaids? And then what is the best way to insert those waypoints into the plan?

No need to create a userpoint. You can right-click on a waypoint (provided its visible on the map, enable it in view menu if not) like YOHOE and select "Add Waypoint YOHOE to Flight Plan".

Or use in menu "Flight Plan" "Edit Flight Plan on Map" to use the drag and drop editing.

Alex