Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cormega

The loading times with my FSX is way over 5 minutes

Guest Stoopy

You don't mention it, but have you done a complete, full defrag of your HD? Even on a new system, the install spreads files around like candy.

You can get a trial version of Diskeeper. Works well. I use O&O butbelieve I will be swithching to Diskeeper soon.Defragging is a must especially after installation as well as after installing any type of addon.Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshActive SkyRC4

I got myself a trial copy of O&O Defrag 8.5 and i

Alexis Mefano

Guest BobKK

Another 3rd party defrag utility you might want to check is Perfect Disk. I have version 6.0 but I think it's been updated. It's far better than the default XP defragger because, unlike the XP default defrag utility, it also defragments your page (swap) file and all system file.Bob

Guest Phantoms

Perfect disk has the best offline defragger for meta data, pagefile, etc. But O&O and Ultimate Defrag have better online defragging abilities with performance in mind.

Guest UlfB

>My PC Specs:>Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.1Ghz>2GB Kingston DDR2 667 Dual Channel>Nvidia 7300GT 256MB GDDR3>120GB Seagate ATA133 HDD>>My FSX is using the following settings>Mesh 70%>Water Low 2.x>Autogen Dense>Bloom Off>Aircraft all on except Self Shadowing>Weather all on, cloud visibility 40miles>1024X768X32, Frame Unlimited, AA and AF off in the Sim AA4X>and AF8X from the Nvidia Control Panel>>Fiber_Frame 0.25>Texture Bandwhich: 100>Alexis,I wouldn't be surprised if your graphics card is the bottleneck on your system. Try to change Fiber_Frame to default, 0.33 and Texture Bandwidth to 200 or 300 and see if the loading time is reduced.Running FSX with Autogen Dense and Water 2.x is a pretty tough load to carry for a 7300GT. What loading time do you get if you reduce Autogen to Sparse, which is more like FS9, and Water textures to High 1.x?Ulf B

Hi,If you want to know why it takes so long use : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...sk/Filemon.mspxThis FREE product will show all the file accesses made when FSX is loading.... it is not to believe !!Pls use the "filter" option to your FSX Directory.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

The others are right in that a defrag is what you need--badly.Having said that, you have other issues.Your 7300GT card is, as was said, a weak link in your system. That Water Low 2.x will increase load times. I don't know what your texture resolution is set to, but that also has a significant effect on load times. So does the location you are loading. I changed my default flight to a remote location (get away from KSEA) and this helped the first load of the sim.My FSX loads a typical flight in 60-70 seconds.Do a search for the cfg command 'DisablePreLoad', which is tangentially related to the issue being discussed here.I think a good couple of defraggings will give you amazing improvement. If not, then you have some other config issue slowing it down.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

depending on the location, your load times can vary from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. yep. take a coffee break and come back in a bit. nothing that can fix it atm as far as i know.

There is no way loading should take 10 min. no matter where you are unless your running an incredibly slow processor and graphics card. Please see above. Craig