Sign in to follow this  
Guest choiceme

SideWinder Precision 2 not working under Vista

Guest choiceme

Hello guys,Today I have upgraded to Windows Vista, installed FS X & FS 9 only to find out that Vista does not support my joystick (the latest SideWinder model from Microsoft!). It does not find a driver on my system nor on Windows Online. Can somebody please tell me how you can use this joystick under Vista?Thanks a bunch!Christopher

Guest panda234

I have a sidewinder too but haven't upgraded to vista yet, and will probably hold out as long as I can. I know that with xp there aren't any drivers really, support is built into the operating system. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?Bill

> Why do I have a bad feeling about this?Same here. Similar thing happened to me years ago when going from Win98SE to XP. That Sidewinder Force Feedback landed up with a friend and is now collecting dust. I sincerely hope your issue will be sorted out and good luck.

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Guest choiceme

I fixed the problem by re-installing Vista and leaving the SideWinder (which is the latest model, connected by USB) plugged in during the installation. This way the joystick got recognized. Too bad I have to install everything new again, but thanks god I got my (vital!) joystick to work now!Thanks for your help.

Guest CocoLoco

Does this mean that if you buy a new PC with Vista pre-installed (and no install disk) and then plug your old SideWinder FF joystick in, you are stuffed? If so, is there any alternative FF stick that people have got working on Vista and would recommend?