Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

AxisAndOhs 2.10 released

Hello @ll,

AxisAndOhs version 2.10 has been released today. It should appear in your account in the shop where you bought it in the next few hours. SimMarket usually sends you an email too, JustFlight doesn’t.

Changes in AxisAndOhs version 2.10

• Main change: enhanced tracking of input event timing, so especially rotary encoders are working more reliably and fluently. This affects all “Button” ops.

• Change: Add/Change button dialogs: “Device” box relocated, separate ignore/lock controls
  • Change: “Roll” and “Adaptive repeat” for buttons
  • Change: WebAPI events can be used as AxisInput
  • Change: Resizing the main window is now possible (point the mouse between the axis and button list and spin the mouse wheel)
  • Change: Startup sequence of Desktop/Web FIPs synchronized with profile load (waiting until user is in the cockpit)
  • Change: all mouse wheel operated GUI controls now have a special cursor
  • Change: option to capture the entire Windows desktop when a screenshot is taken (for MSFS too!)

• Bugfix: Keyboard input combos overlap each other
  • Bugfix: RPN: “case” statement incorrect
  • Bugfix: RPN: “?” operator missing

On the downloads page of the AAO website there is a new version of the StreamDeck plugin, and a new Bridge program to operate “Knobster” devices with AAO

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

A couple of issues:

1. My previous fully functional scripts for my Honeycomb Bravo Throttle controller are now pink (red in your manual) which indicates that the controller is not connected. However, the controller is recognized and functional by aircraft inside MSFS itself, so it is connected.

2. Maybe this has something to do with your recent update following the Asobo update 5?

3. If so, I cannot download the latest 2.10 version from my Just Flight account. Only the 2.09 b04 version is shown available for download.

I will check back later to see if you have any replies, thank you.

1. Most likely, Windows gave it a new GUID, effectively turning it into a new game controller as far as AAO is concerned. Did you move it to another USB port by any chance? Try using "Hardware -> Hardware change" to replace the GUID of the device in the AAO database.

2. No.

3. JustFlight received the new version on the same day that it was released. But JF doesn't have an upload functionality to the shop like SimMarket, all a vendor can do is send them emails. If and when they react and deploy the app is up to them. I have tried to contact them twice since Friday to no avail.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you for your quick reply.

I did not move the controller to a new port, but I tried using your Hardware Change feature anyway.

On multiple attempts, selecting "Hardware/Hardware Change" simply causes Axis and Ohs to crash to the desktop. Same result every time.

I will however also keep checking Just Flight to see when/if the latest version shows up, then I will uninstall the previous version and install the new one.

FF

47 minutes ago, FlyrFred said:

, selecting "Hardware/Hardware Change" simply causes Axis and Ohs to crash to the desktop

That is strange and should be investigated. If you have this now, you will have it in 2.10 too. It is usually caused by incompatible hardware that hasn't been blacklisted.

Please consider sending an email to the address on the last page of the manual. Remember to include your proof of purchase (order number), then I can send you the current devel version. 

Edit: btw. - check if the device has somehow ended up on the Blacklist in AAO.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Okay I will contact you thanks, and I'll look at the blacklisted devices and try some USB reconfiguring as well.

I do understand that often it's USB/Windows issues that are causing a problem and not someone's specific software.

FF

I bought from justflight and they have yet to post the update. Is there anyway to send us the update if we verifiy the purchase? Aslo I'm trying to set un the reverse thrust for the a320 but its too powerful. How can I set it up so its not so powerful? I'm trying to limit the min axis but it only goes up or down in whole numbers and the video I saw had decimals

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

I bought from justflight and they have yet to post the update. Is there anyway to send us the update if we verifiy the purchase? Aslo I'm trying to set un the reverse thrust for the a320 but its too powerful. How can I set it up so its not so powerful? I'm trying to limit the min axis but it only goes up or down in whole numbers and the video I saw had decimals

This morning I received word from JF that they are deploying the app.

That there are no decimals anymore is a bug. You have two options:

1. Send an email with your proof of purchase to the address on the last page of the AAO manual

2. Edit the config database XML file manually and input "0.4" for the MinValue of the axis (be mindful of the US numerical syntax!). The file is here: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\LorbyAxisAndOhsMSFS

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

This morning I received word from JF that they are deploying the app.

That there are no decimals anymore is a bug. You have two options:

1. Send an email with your proof of purchase to the address on the last page of the AAO manual

2. Edit the config database XML file manually and input "0.4" for the MinValue of the axis (be mindful of the US numerical syntax!). The file is here: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\LorbyAxisAndOhsMSFS

OK thanks, will do 

Just to add that as of 10:12 bst  on the 18/08 JF are still hosting the old version 2.09 b04 ☹️

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Dear Lorby_SI,
I'm trying the Axis And Ohs Demo (v2.10 b25). It's a great app, however I have problems with Web FIPs: I'm not able to connect from other devices on the same network using the correct link. It works on the same computer, but not from other devices.
I must say that I normally use such apps without any problems, for example WebFMC for X-Plane, it is not a port or router problem.

This is what I tried to do:
- completely disabled the Windows firewall, both on the Axis And Ohs computer and on the client device;
- changed the port, even using ports that work correctly with other apps;
- tested by connecting two computers directly via Ethernet.

I tried using two systems:
- Windows 10 21H1 64 bit + FSX Steam Edition + Axis And Ohs Demo for FSX-SE;
- Windows 7 SP 1 64 bit + FSX Gold + Axis And Ohs Demo for FSX.

Browsers used: Firefox and Chrome (the latest versions).

Does anyone have the same problem?

Any ideas why?

Thank you!  🙂

4 hours ago, BrianT said:

Just to add that as of 10:12 bst  on the 18/08 JF are still hosting the old version 2.09 b04 ☹️

It is now available on JF

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

What is the proper way to update AxesandOhs? This is my first update since purchasing a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded from Just Flight and clicked install MSFS2020 and got a lot of errors. Do I need to delete existing folder before I do the update.

1 hour ago, funflyer66 said:

What is the proper way to update AxesandOhs? This is my first update since purchasing a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded from Just Flight and clicked install MSFS2020 and got a lot of errors. Do I need to delete existing folder before I do the update.

No, nothing like that. AAO has been designed to be installed "over" the existing version.

I have never heard of errors during the installation - can you be more specific what exactly happened? Were did what error show up, what did that look like? And what does "clicked install MSFS2020" mean? Clicked what? Where? I'm not familiar with this action.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

I can't get my Google Drive URL to work here so that you can see the screen shots so I'll explain it best I can.

when I open LorbysAxisAndOhs_Install_MSFS.exe and starts the install process and stops with this: Error opening file for writing: C:\Program files\LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS_Documentation.pdf. Click Abort to stop the installation, Retry again, or Ignore to skip this file. If I ignore this one it gets stopped on the next file. 

Sorry about not being able to upload some screenshots to you. I must be doing something wrong. In Google Drive I tell it to copy link but when I hit the button "Insert image from URL" and paste it in the space provided it turns red. 

Thanks for your help.

Jack