Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

v0.3.0 of the G1000NXi is launching in the Marketplace!

53 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Just to clarify, this is what I am seeing when it does not work. Note that the TOD (in Active VNV Profile section - right side lower) is 1+58. Usually it would be mins:secs to TOD. When I see this generally it means VNV is not going to work correctly. 

YYhotJB.png

Yeah, something is wrong there, I don't see it like that. Mine shows mins:secs and it always works.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

Just to clarify, this is what I am seeing when it does not work. Note that the TOD (in Active VNV Profile section - right side lower) is 1+58. Usually it would be mins:secs to TOD. When I see this generally it means VNV is not going to work correctly.

I get those kind of readouts when I am sitting still, on the ground..

Here is your flight plan minus the Airway.. looking OK..

Ar2CjIv.png

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Made around 10 flights with RNAV approaches and all of them worked as they should. Good job, WT team.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Sure this is going to be an irritatingly basic question but when an approach is activated the flight plan shows the correct altitude for each waypoint and it's also shown in magenta next to the autopilot altitude on the PFD, but I can't get the autopilot to automatically follow the FPL altitude.

Shouldn't activating VNV get it to follow the right altitudes for each waypoint?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

10 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Sure this is going to be an irritatingly basic question but when an approach is activated the flight plan shows the correct altitude for each waypoint and it's also shown in magenta next to the autopilot altitude on the PFD, but I can't get the autopilot to automatically follow the FPL altitude.

Shouldn't activating VNV get it to follow the right altitudes for each waypoint?

I got it to work 3-4 flights but some flights just don’t work.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

16 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I got it to work 3-4 flights but some flights just don’t work.

That’s interesting as I’m sure I remember it working properly on one flight but then I wondered if it was just an rnav approach.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

Did you reduce your selected altitude? If you are flying at 10.000ft and leave the selected altitude at 10.000ft even if you activate VNAV nothing happens. I usually set the altitude to the FAF when I engage VNAV and it always follows the descent profile.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 3

Alvega

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Did you reduce your selected altitude? If you are flying at 10.000ft and leave the selected altitude at 10.000ft even if you activate VNAV nothing happens. I usually set the altitude to the FAF when I engage VNAV and it always follows the descent profile.

That’ll be it, thanks. Will test later.

This is making the sim so much more enjoyable. HILPT entries on a few approaches bugged out. I'll have to grab a screen shot and put if over in the WT discord. And anyone getting missed approaches to work? Maybe not implemented yet? I noticed the OBS button is inop. on the 172 anyway.

Chris

10 hours ago, RobJC said:

This format means 1hour and 58minutes. Looking at the Flight Plan I can see on your screenshot it all looks a bit weird. It goes Dubin - Strum - Dubin - Strum etc. and your Airways are also shot up. It either bugged out for you or there have been mistakes made when setting up the flight plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dga711 said:

This format means 1hour and 58minutes. Looking at the Flight Plan I can see on your screenshot it all looks a bit weird. It goes Dubin - Strum - Dubin - Strum etc. and your Airways are also shot up. It either bugged out for you or there have been mistakes made when setting up the flight plan.

Thanks Dominik. I guess something got messed up setting up the flight.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Going to delete this mod for now. Planned a flight from KDEN to KCOS, IFR. The map and G1000 did not even agree, as one wanted me to turn north and one south. Ultimately the plane went straight. The VFR map was correct. Bummer.

axptvwF.jpg

Edited by RobJC

4 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Going to delete this mod for now. Planned a flight from KDEN to KCOS, IFR. The map and G1000 did not even agree, as one wanted me to turn north and one south. Ultimately the plane went straight. The VFR map was correct. Bummer.

axptvwF.jpg

I think it was mentioned somewhere - the VFR Map does not  sync with MFD. [for now].

I don't use VFR map - don't think I ever used it.

The current state of the NXi is just too good - I would not let a map stop me from using it. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Just now, SAPilot said:

I think it was mentioned somewhere - the VFR Map does not  sync with MFD. [for now].

I don't use VFR map - don't think I ever used it.

The current state of the NXi is just too good - I would not let a map stop me from using it. 

It actually wasn't the map, but that was just another quirk. The NXi map showed going the wrong way (north instead of south) and the AP would not make the turn (either way). It just kept pushing straight and the lines and curve/turn kept moving forward as i flew. This after the other flight would not engage VNAV.