Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

Bandwith too Low Warning with 400Mb/sec connection

Going back to around SU7, maybe 2 or so months back, I started getting this. It would pop up on almost every flight, leaving me no choice but to click ok and resulting in a very ugly generic looking FS95 looking world. I would immediately go back into sim settings and turn photogrammetry back on. Sometimes it would take ages to accept the change (that little circle going around and around in the right bottom corner). On some flights this would happen 2-3 times in an hour long flight. Very frustrating. I had my fibre company reset my line and test it. No fault found. Speed Test also showed I was running at full speed.

Then one day, perhaps coinciding with the Iberia update, it stopped happening and so far has not happened again. I am on a 50Mbs fibre line.

As Bobsk8 says, it’s not you but one of the many pipes the data is flowing thru to reach your PC. Somewhere in that long pipeline there is a problem. Personally, I suspect it is likely at the source though - MS servers are not dishing the data out fast enough and then implying that you are to blame through that message!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well the issue is the way the internet works. Data is streamed from one place to another, to another.   If the bandwidth at any one of these nodes, drops, the result is you get the message insufficient bandwidth, Think of water going through a piping system, you have a 10 inch main ( asobo) , then a 9 inch main, and so on, and somewhere in the middle it goes through a 1/4" water pipe. That one piece of 1/4" pipe chokes the entire system. Doesn't matter if Asobo has a 10 foot water main, it will still get choked by the 1/2" piece of pipe. 

No doubt about how internet works, we agree on that. The point is that internet/MSFS has always worked that way, but the frequency at what those messages were occurring was higher after SU5 in my opinion.

Anyway, here on my system those messages are almost gone now, and hopefully they'll remain like something of the past. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

No doubt about how internet works, we agree on that. The point is that internet/MSFS has always worked that way, but the frequency at what those messages were occurring was higher after SU5 in my opinion.

Anyway, here on my system those messages are almost gone now, and hopefully they'll remain like something of the past. Fingers crossed.

Just had one today... 😉

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just had one today... 😉

You haven't crossed your fingers hard enough...😅

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 hours ago, DylanM said:

If you click on your xbox username / avatar in the main sim menu, there is a dropdown to change servers (it also shows the average ping).

Couple of other things to try:

- Disable ipv6 on your computer's network adapter

- Switch to a different DNS server like google or Cloudflare

All versions - Slow download speed – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com) 

My network adapters settings dont even mention ipv6, just ipv4.

Update under Device manager and my Ethernet Connection I now seen a "Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6), also a v4 version.  Should I disable the v6?  Seen other posters elsewhere advising not to as other programs may need the v6 as it allows more bandwidth

Chris

Edited by cj-ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

On 8/13/2021 at 11:34 AM, TacomaSailor said:

I keep getting a message about the bandwidth being too low - OOKLA says it is more than 400Mb/sec 

Why does this message occur?

Why does the message stall Flight Sim for 10 to 30-seconds when the mouse icon disappears from the screen and clicking on the message or anywhere else does nothing?  During that time CPU & GPU usage drops below 10%.

Problem started today, August 13.  Does it have anything to do with Microsoft Windows Update 21H, which I installed this morning?

Low-Bandwidth.jpg

Have you installed the App goggle maps? That's the most likely reason you're getting that message. You need to make it reset back to MSFS default internet connection server.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

1 hour ago, Bigmack said:

Have you installed the App goggle maps? That's the most likely reason you're getting that message. You need to make it reset back to MSFS default internet connection server.

Erm, no!  People will get that message anyway.  Nothing wrong with the Google Maps app for me in many months.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, cj-ibbotson said:

My network adapters settings dont even mention ipv6, just ipv4.

Update under Device manager and my Ethernet Connection I now seen a "Large Send Offload V2 (IPv6), also a v4 version.  Should I disable the v6?  Seen other posters elsewhere advising not to as other programs may need the v6 as it allows more bandwidth

Chris

Do not disable ipv6.  It’s purpose, however is only slightly related to bandwidth.  It’s only there to simplify network routing, and allow for more device addresses, not speed.  Your home modem/router likely still addresses your home network computers/devices with ipv4, while it connects with the world with ipv6.  Not a big deal.

• Like 2

And when I turn Bing back on it takes 3m> to apply.

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.