Sign in to follow this  
byork

Released! FS2Crew for the FBW A32NX Project - Finally!

2 hours ago, byork said:

If memory serves correct, I didn't use stock Airbus procedures for the Aerosoft Airbus version of FS2Crew.

However, for FBW, I did use stock Airbus procedures, so procedurally it's basically extremely similar to the FS Labs version of FS2Crew since I followed stock Airbus for that.

Captain / PF flows are listed in the ASSIST panel.  Some of the FO actions are triggered based on you running your flow and moving the expected switch, so you need to follow them. 

For example, the FO's after landing flow is triggered by you disarming the ground spoiler after landing.  That's the same as in the real world per Airbus SOPs.

The FO flows are viewable in the new Info Center should you want to see what he's doing.

When the FO is performing a flow, it will say the name of the flow on the panel.  For example: "Action: After Landing Flow".

Thanks a lot, Bryan. I'll see to what extent I can reuse my "cheat sheet" from the Aerosoft version.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

55 minutes ago, SKeller said:

Thanks a lot, Bryan. I'll see to what extent I can reuse my "cheat sheet" from the Aerosoft version.

From the Aerosoft version, probably hardly anything will transfer.
If you want something on paper, closest manual would be the FS Labs Airbus version (since it also uses stock Airbus procedures).

But the new "Assist Panel" essentially functions as a Cheat Sheet. 

It tells you on the screen basically what to do and what to say.

You really shouldn't need a separate cheat sheet anymore with this FS2Crew.

The whole point of our new system was to remove the need for any kind of external manual.

1 hour ago, byork said:

From the Aerosoft version, probably hardly anything will transfer.
If you want something on paper, closest manual would be the FS Labs Airbus version (since it also uses stock Airbus procedures).

But the new "Assist Panel" essentially functions as a Cheat Sheet. 

It tells you on the screen basically what to do and what to say.

You really shouldn't need a separate cheat sheet anymore with this FS2Crew.

The whole point of our new system was to remove the need for any kind of external manual.

I guess I will get used to it, yes. I'm just missing the ability to "look ahead" or even "look back" which I could easily do in my paper flows and checklists. Once you trigger the next F/O flow, the panel is refreshed and the current PF flow is gone.

By the way: Is there no "Soft Mute" key like there was in the "old" Fs2Crews? Bit of a must-have when flying with online ATC.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

You know in the Info Center you can actually print out the FO flows.

Captain / PF flows in an Airbus are actually pretty short and simple... you can easily memorize them in a couple sittings.

There's no soft mute.  Linking joystick buttons is problematic at the moment.  However, in the next update we'll add a Hard Mute on/off button.

But we really think PTT is the best way to go.  One key for talking to ATC one key for talking to your trusty co-pilot.

Open mics are a bit of a pain because they can wind up detecting your breath or any ambient noise...

Edited by byork

4 hours ago, SKeller said:

These are two completely separate products for two different aircraft. The only similarity is that they both have "A320" in their names. Have you ever used any of the voice-controlled FS2Crew add-ons in FSX or P3D? An entirely different world than A320 Button Control really.

Ok great, they're two different products.  So does that mean there will be an update to the Button Control version or will that not be supported anymore? 

1 hour ago, byork said:

You know in the Info Center you can actually print out the FO flows.

Captain / PF flows in an Airbus are actually pretty short and simple... you can easily memorize them in a couple sittings.

There's no soft mute.  Linking joystick buttons is problematic at the moment.  However, in the next update we'll add a Hard Mute on/off button.

But we really think PTT is the best way to go.  One key for talking to ATC one key for talking to your trusty co-pilot.

Open mics are a bit of a pain because they can wind up detecting your breath or any ambient noise...

In the "old" FSX/P3D days, I had excellent FS2Crew experiences by assigning the ATC PTT key to FS2Crew's Softe Mute key. So basically FS2Crew kept listening all the time, but was bypassed whenever I was talking to ATC. That's why I think it would be great to have a customizable Soft Mute again.

On a side note, I've been "complaining" quite a bit now... However, after having completed 2 flights now, I must say that the new FS2Crew is nothing short of a master piece - once again. And I am soooooo looking forward to the day when I can fly PMDG's 737 NG3 with your add-on. Thanks a lot for keeping up your support for us flyers!

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Just purchased, mostly our of curiosity as to how the on screen product will work.  I have most of the FS2Crew legacy products and was a beta tester for quite a few of them.  initial impression is that this is really cool, love the new on screen help and honestly I don't really notice the small box on the screen....I have it tucked away in the corner where I used to have the old product screen.  Very well done!

One question on the voice recognition....are you meant to use the PTT key each time or is it listening.  I had the voice recognition work sometimes and then not at other times and it need me to push the button.  Personally I prefer the always on listening mode....much easier to use and more immersive.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark,

Glad you like the new system and interface 😉

PTT = Push to talk.  So if you want to talk to the FO / FA, etc., you need to hold the PTT button down.  It's the same style as an ATC transmit key. You can use the hotkey or even just use your mouse and press the Mic icon on the panel.

If you want open mic mode, just select the blank line above "A" for the PTT hotkey in the drop down box on the Cfg panel.

There's currently no soft mute however.  Hard mute will come in V1.1.

10 hours ago, byork said:

If you want open mic mode, just select the blank line above "A" for the PTT hotkey in the drop down box on the Cfg panel.

There's currently no soft mute however.  Hard mute will come in V1.1.

OK thanks, will give it a try.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

4 hours ago, mariofsx said:

Yes and Air France is not on the list.

The missing Air France is a bug that will be fixed in V1.1.

Generally, we only added airlines that fly the A320.  But the list changes all the time as airlines go in and out of business.

Edited by byork

16 hours ago, byork said:

The missing Air France is a bug that will be fixed in V1.1.

Generally, we only added airlines that fly the A320.  But the list changes all the time as airlines go in and out of business.

I thought QantasLink operates the A320 airbus

1 hour ago, PilotXXX said:

I thought QantasLink operates the A320 airbus

They do but only the CEO variant, not the NEO, although most people won't care about this

New user here. Just wanted to pop by and say thank you. This has changed my 320N flying from a chore to a delight. 

Any plans for a CRJ version?