Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Looking for certain tweaks thread

Hey everyone, some time ago I read a certain post that had a link to all the tweaks out there all in one post. I can't remember where I saw this, or what it was called. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am getting ready to reinstall FSX now that the SP is comming soon. You help is much appreciated. Thanks again.

Guest allcott

As many of those tweaks may impact on the very same files that the Service Pack may address, change or replace, are you sure thats wise?For direct comparison purposes - and possibly for installation, given MS current predilection for protectionism - oh sorry, security - you may well find that only a default install will do! Allcott

>Hey everyone, some time ago I read a certain post that had a>link to all the tweaks out there all in one post. I can't>remember where I saw this, or what it was called. Can someone>point me in the right direction? I am getting ready to>reinstall FSX now that the SP is comming soon. You help is>much appreciated. Thanks again.Ryan from PMDG has a good FSX tweak section over at the PMDG forum, but I agree with Allcott, about holding off on any of the texture resizing tweaks.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest allcott

Or at least, back everysinglelittlething up so you can restore a default installation - the repair install WONT correct a modified FSX.cfg, for example. Getting a multiple-use FSX reinstalled and re-activated is such a hoop-jumping exercise that MS should really issue athletic certificates, not aviation ones. :)Allcott

Good idea about waiting. I use FS9 at the moment, and I was going to reinstall FSX this week, so I guess I can wait. I might be making changes to my system again as well. Thanks guys.

Guest diajohn2

Nonsense. Just another FSX basher.I use FSX and FS9 on my machine which is not nearly as good as the original poster.I love FSX and look forward to the patch and to the next generation hardware. Something like it was for FS9. Either move ahead or move aside.

Guest diajohn2

I guess only if you are Allcott. For the rest of us, no problems.

If I have made changes to my fscfg. can't I just move it to a temp folder,restart FSX and it will build me a new one without the changes?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.