Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

“Follow me” cars

I just landed at Barcelona airport (in the sim naturally) and had to stop and wait for instructions to any gate and previously selected for those orrible blue arrows to appear, which annoy me no end. As I was cursing under my breath I remembered the one thing I liked in Xplane were the “follow me” cars which were a not very good, but just adequate add on.

Has anybody seen an add on for MSFS which offers “Follow me” cars?

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

I found flying so much more enjoyable by not listening to default ATC. If I ever fly I will fly without ATC or on VATSIM which even though its not fully staffed it's nice to fly with others!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

I just landed at Barcelona airport (in the sim naturally) and had to stop and wait for instructions to any gate and previously selected for those orrible blue arrows to appear, which annoy me no end. As I was cursing under my breath I remembered the one thing I liked in Xplane were the “follow me” cars which were a not very good, but just adequate add on.

Has anybody seen an add on for MSFS which offers “Follow me” cars?

FSDreamTeam were making GSX for MSFS, and GSX is already a well established addon for ground based handling (pushback, followme cars, fire trucks, baggage handling, refueling, jetways, etc) so you might want to look forward for that.

Otherwise just keep your eyes peeled for any thing of that sort on the .to, afaik there isn't a followme car for MSFS as of yet.

• Like 2

These follow me arrows are less intrusive,https://flightsim.to/file/18448/subtle-taxi-ribbon-1-18-14-0-compatible

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

17 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

I found flying so much more enjoyable by not listening to default ATC. If I ever fly I will fly without ATC or on VATSIM which even though its not fully staffed it's nice to fly with others!

After 40 years of driving cars equipped with a "back seat driver" in the passenger seat, I am conditioned to hearing (and ignoring) useless instructions. So having default ATC doesn't bother me greatly. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

16 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

These follow me arrows are less intrusive,https://flightsim.to/file/18448/subtle-taxi-ribbon-1-18-14-0-compatible

Many thanks, I shall take a look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGSKY said:

I don't recommend using this unless you don't mind having to download the full sim in the next patch. This is one of those addons that changes core files and then people start threads saying they don't understand why they have to download 125GB instead of 5 or 10 and they say they didn't change any core files because they forget about these little things.

TLDR: Avoid as the plague anything that changes core files. Just use stuff you place on your community folder.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White