Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Carenado 182 for MSFS2020

Entered a flight KOXC to KHFD, Set GPS Mode, Flight Plan shows in MFD, but the DIST is blank in the PFD. Shows KOXC - KHFD and no distance displayed. Took a screen shot but I don't know how to post it on here. Insert from URL ? ? ? Image is on my desk top. Also in the 182 I can't adjust the distance in or out with the Garmin distance knob. When I put my mouse cursor on or by the knob, nothing. Should show a rotation arrow but it doesn't show. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Walt (Happy Flying)

Edited by waltpop
Mispelled knob

Walt Popowski

You might be able to use the plane by setting the flight model to Legacy some people suggested that for some planes.  Not sure try it out.

SU5 broke some things... this may be one of them..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

1 hour ago, waltpop said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Backing up a bit... which G1000 are using in your C182?

The default, the WT G1000 mod, or the new WT G1000 nxi?

I recommend the new WT G1000 nxi, free in the Marketplace.

Remove the previous WT G1000 mod, if you have it installed.

The issues you mention should be fixed, and the whole gauge much improved.

• Like 2

Bert

I'll give it a shot and Thank you everyone for your support. It is greatly appreciated. From one pilot to another, "Happy Flying." I'll wave to you as I pass 30,000'

Walt Popowski

The Carenado C182 works great with the Marketplace G1000 NXi.   I'd say it's essential to get maximum enjoyment from the 182.

But.... I only just bought the 182 and I'm pretty disappointed with it.  Although I never used it before SU5, I'd guess it's been pretty screwed up by the update.   Flight dynamics are odd to say the least, the interior engine sounds are awful (exterior sounds are nice).  It seems clear to me that this was an early Carenado MSFS product.   I also have the Seneca and that is lovely compared to the C182.

Hopefully Carenado will update their fleet, to be better compatible with SU5.   I want the Mooney but will definitely not be buying it until Carenado have rolled out SU5 updates for their fleet (I hear the fuel selector no longer works in the Mooney since SU5).

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)