Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

Macco Simulations tease new airport and update EGCC

I discovered the following email in my Spam folder minutes after I'd already updated EGCC.😊

Just a quick update for you.

Sim Update 5 (SU5) & SDK Issues
What to say... We (alongside other developers) are quite frustrated with this update, as although it has brought great performance to PC as a result of the Xbox, we have seen many issues with the SDK, Crash to desktops and other issues which prevent us from being able to push any updates to you. 
We believe we may be able to push an update to you relatively soon (without the SDK crashing on us), so keep an eye out for that.

Missing Jetways
Inline with the SU5, Asobo added some new LODs to the jetways. This means that instead of having 2 or 3 Levels of Detail, they want 4 or 5. This is to make the sim more optimised and run smoother for both PC and Xbox.
Some have experienced missing jetways altogether, which seems to be an issue in itself seeing as someone could load in and have missing jetways, and reload in and they appear. 
We are actively reading all forums and updates awaiting further information on the missing jetway issue.
We will push an update with some more LODs for the jetways as soon as possible.

New Airport
Before the SU5 issues, the development speed at the new airport was going great!
We have put in a lot of effort into the airport so far, and everything we have learnt from EGCC and EGBB has been put into practice at the new airport.
It's a little different to our usual customer's purchases, but we are sure that you will enjoy it!

Seeing as we have been a little quiet lately, here is a little teaser of the new airport 👀

Regards, 
Max
Macco Simulations

Macco.png

Well done to anyone working out where that is!😀

Maccosim homepage

Edited by 109Sqn
added webpage link
  • Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

My guess, Mumbai. If I'm right I'll tell you how I figured it out. I'm more than likely wrong though.

NAX669.png

well I am wondering if this is celebrating the new Virgin flights flying from Manchester to Montego Bay which can be booked from 18th August and starts in November.

The 1 am departurer is interesting though  unless the release of this airport is 1 am local time on the 18th 🙂 as is the date of the ticket.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

2 hours ago, mwilk said:

My guess, Mumbai. If I'm right I'll tell you how I figured it out. I'm more than likely wrong though.

I certainly look forward to that!🤔

2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

well I am wondering if this is celebrating the new Virgin flights flying from Manchester to Montego Bay which can be booked from 18th August and starts in November.

The 1 am departurer is interesting though  unless the release of this airport is 1 am local time on the 18th 🙂 as is the date of the ticket.

Graham

Or maybe you're overthinking it.😉

But hey, your guess is as good as mine. (Actually better since I haven't a clue!)👍

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

My guess, as Macco have already done EGBB and EGCC, it will be the next in the alphanumeric sequence - EGDD - Bicester Airport - and absolute classic that I am sure absolutely everyone is waiting for. 

No need to worry about missing jetways there, so a good choice while the SU5 issues are attended to.  A single set of steps should do it, and those are mostly used for cleaning the windows! :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

My guess, as Macco have already done EGBB and EGCC, it will be the next in the alphanumeric sequence - EGDD - Bicester Airport - and absolute classic that I am sure absolutely everyone is waiting for. 

No need to worry about missing jetways there, so a good choice while the SU5 issues are attended to.  A single set of steps should do it, and those are mostly used for cleaning the windows! :biggrin:

I was thinking much the same thing but that means it's going to be waaaay too long before they get to EGHH 😞

(Picked up EGBB and EGCC yesterday as late Birthday treats and am loving them)

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I was thinking much the same thing but that means it's going to be waaaay too long before they get to EGHH 😞

(Picked up EGBB and EGCC yesterday as late Birthday treats and am loving them)

Ah - Bournemouth Hurn Airport!  Now that would be a tidy little airport to do.  Do they still do the airliner pilot training there?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Ah - Bournemouth Hurn Airport!  Now that would be a tidy little airport to do.  Do they still do the airliner pilot training there?

I really don't know, I just fly out of there cos it's a great place to base small aircraft in FSE 🙂

Edited by Matchstick