Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Command Centre Not installing

Hi, I have updated FS2Crew pushback express to the latest version but the command centre will not install. I have tried trying to install as administrator, nothing seems to work. 

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yes the icon is in the sim and loads. When it loads it gives an error message: warning: "external fs2crew command centre program not running. Cmd centre now inop. probable EXE.xml corruption. problem". I assumed that I needed to install the command centre from the downloads page but as you said it gets installed automatically. 

--

Mike Keigley

That link doesn't work.

But can you load PBE or FBW via the Command Center in spite of the error?

What if you start the Command Center manually?

Run the Command Center EXE located here and try again.  You can start the Command Center manually even after MSFS has loaded.  

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center

You can also start PBE or FBW the old fashioned way via the desktop icon.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

Hi Brian

Link works for me.

Run Command Center EXE manually and then select FS2Crew icon is in the MSFS tool bar dialog box appears, Pushback Express selected,

Click Launch application and Pushback UI opens and I can proceed.

Without Command Center EXE manually selected and running icon in MSFS tool bar when selected  dialog box appears

but launch application does not open PBE. In C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center I notice a folder named community folder

containing a folder fs2crew-cmd-center. Should this folder actually be installed in the Community folder of MSFS?

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

Nope, that folder is in the right spot, and then it gets copied to the Community Folder.

So that's okay.

Locate your EXE.xml file.

It should point to the Command Center exe located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center

The problem some of you are having is linked to the EXE.xml I think.

Brian

The only EXE.xml file I can find is located at:

C:\Users\tipst\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache.

Contents of that file are as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>EXE.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Name>FSUIPC7</Name><Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path><CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine><NewConsole>False</NewConsole></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

How do I go about pointing it to C:\Program Files (x86)\FS2Crew Command Center?

Noel Southam

XML files can be real "you know what's", just as they were in P3D and FSX. 

Any thing wrong with them, and then things start not getting loaded.

Please back up your EXE.xml.

And use my version as a test:

Link:
https://downloads.fs2crew.com/fs2crew_downloads/msfs_exe_xml_file/command_center_exe_xml.zip

See if that helps

Edited by byork

Brian

Your EXE.xml did the trick. After all time you and I have spent on this I think I actually prefer starting PBE via the desktop icon.

Will decide later which way I go.

Many thanks for all your assistance and advice. Appreciated.

Regards

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

I have tried all of your suggestions and the program will still not launch within the sim. I have both programs running and I have updated the exe.xml. I wasn't sure if I did the tight thing because the xml files had different names. I edited the xml with notepad+ and it did not make a difference. 

Mike Keigley

1 hour ago, phoenixphire said:

I have tried all of your suggestions and the program will still not launch within the sim. I have both programs running and I have updated the exe.xml. I wasn't sure if I did the tight thing because the xml files had different names. I edited the xml with notepad+ and it did not make a difference. 

Hi Mike,

Are you using the "DVD" version of MSFS?

Remember you can still launch these programs the old fashioned way via the desktop icon.

No it’s the download version. I can’t use the other version because I use VR so I need the in game ui 

Mike Keigley

19 minutes ago, phoenixphire said:

No it’s the download version. I can’t use the other version because I use VR so I need the in game ui 

Hi Mike,

FYI, the tool bar is just a "launcher".  It launches the EXE so you don't need to manually trigger it from the desktop.  You can still use in in VR, but you'll need to use Voice Commands or Hotkeys.  You won't be able to see the actual PBE panel, but you really don't need to see it so it's ok.

At any rate, can you please send me a PM.

I need the full actual path to your EXE.xml so we can try to see the common denominator between the users with this issue.

Is your MSFS installed in C drive or some other place?