Sign in to follow this  
BEARlyThereCDN

Help Wanted... LoL

...got your attention with that didn't I? LoL

I 💞LOVE💞 my MSFS Premium Deluxe. I must because I've done more re installs with this than FSX. But, listed below are a few things I can't figure out... Hence the title of the post:

• I managed to get my ai co pilot and ATC sound back but now, every time I hover over something I have a voice telling me what it is. She's driving me NUTS. I know this is going to be a simple thing, please tell me what I click so she stops! 
  • Setting my weight balance EVERY flight is getting annoying. I found where to change my pilot/co pilot weight in each aircraft's cfg file but I can't find fuel. If you know this, please let me know. 
  • Ok, so this is also a FSX throwback, but if you can do this then DO IT OF US GA's... LoL... I need a layered template for the TBM, Caravan, and the . I know non layered paint kits are there but no thank you! I honestly thing I spent more time painting my planes than I did flying them. 
  • I have a 2,044 flight with my TBM in the morning so please check back as I'm sure there will be more. 

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Posted in regular print to make it easier to read

13 minutes ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

...got your attention with that didn't I? LoL

I 💞LOVE💞 my MSFS Premium Deluxe. I must because I've done more re installs with this than FSX. But, listed below are a few things I can't figure out... Hence the title of the post:

• I managed to get my ai co pilot and ATC sound back but now, every time I hover over something I have a voice telling me what it is. She's driving me NUTS. I know this is going to be a simple thing, please tell me what I click so she stops!

• Setting my weight balance EVERY flight is getting annoying. I found where to change my pilot/co pilot weight in each aircraft's cfg file but I can't find fuel. If you know this, please let me know.

• Ok, so this is also a FSX throwback, but if you can do this then DO IT OF US GA's... LoL... I need a layered template for the TBM, Caravan, and the . I know non layered paint kits are there but no thank you! I honestly thing I spent more time painting my planes than I did flying them.

• I have a 2,044 flight with my TBM in the morning so please check back as I'm sure there will be more.

I can help with the first one, go to General Options/Accessibility...."Enable Screen Narrator" to OFF.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

@BEARlyThereCDN I edited your post to regular text format to make it easier for people to read.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 hours ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

The problem is painting these aircraft properly needs a 3D program like blender which is a bit more difficult to learn than Gimp/Photoshop.

It is possible to paint them using 2D paint layers in photoshop and there are some great liveries out there done that way - but it requires a lot of skill as straight lines on the aircraft are not necessarily straight lines on the 2D paint area.  Also some items like labels in cockpits are not actually on the paint layer at all they seem to be fonts applied directly by the game engine.

What does this mean ?   While 2D templates are still possible they are tricky and I am not aware of anyone currently creating them.