Sign in to follow this  
Sonne

Double Airport depiction using ORBX Germany north

Hello.

I‘m having a problem with ORBX Germany north and addon airports in that area:

Airports such as EDDV and EDDH are depicted twice ( simultaneously ). So I got two control towers ( default and addon ), terminal buildings and so on.

As soon as I uninstall ORBX the problem disappears.

What do I need to setup in order to get ORBX and addon airports properly?

Best regards,

Toto

Use the awesome (free) tool called LittleNavMap.  Let it read your scenery database / config files.  Then, search for the airport in question within LNM.  Scroll to the bottom of that search window, past all the airport particulars, and you’ll see a listing of each scenery file that is being used, and their location on your disk.  Rename or delete the airport files (usually the Orbx ones).  That should solve it. 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Alternatively, install the search engine "Everything". It is super fast compared to windows search and searches your whole system. There you can search for airport .bgl files like this: *EDDV*.bgl or *EDDH*.bgl

I get the following for EDDV

ADE_FTX_GEN_EDDV.bgl

ADE_FTX_GEN_EDDV_CVX.bgl

FTX_GEN_EDDV_objects.BGL

Double check the path indicated. I have P3D4 and P4D5, so ORBX has P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 library paths. It only has effect, if you rename the right files. You can easily differ the files from your addon airport from ORBX files, which contain the FTX string.

Add to each of these a ".off" renaming it to ADE_FTX_GEN_EDDV.bgl.off

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

So, I‘ve deleted the files as advised bei „blaunarwal“ above.

It did fix the double airport depiction. So thank you!

However, there still seems to be an altitude/layer problem on my system ( probably the same issue as with the problem of missing runway markings on the ground in RCTP ). 
For instance: in Hamburg ( SIMWINGS EDDH ) there is a decommissioned Lufthansa B707 parked on the right hand side of the threshold of RWY23. It looks like this static aircraft ( which is part of the SIMWINGS-scenery ) „sinks“ into the ground. The lower part of the engine cowlings touch the surface, everything below is not visible as it is below ground level.

Any thoughts?

On 8/19/2021 at 1:52 PM, Sonne said:

So, I‘ve deleted the files as advised bei „blaunarwal“ above.

It did fix the double airport depiction. So thank you!

However, there still seems to be an altitude/layer problem on my system ( probably the same issue as with the problem of missing runway markings on the ground in RCTP ). 
For instance: in Hamburg ( SIMWINGS EDDH ) there is a decommissioned Lufthansa B707 parked on the right hand side of the threshold of RWY23. It looks like this static aircraft ( which is part of the SIMWINGS-scenery ) „sinks“ into the ground. The lower part of the engine cowlings touch the surface, everything below is not visible as it is below ground level.

Any thoughts?

The Simwings pro Hamburg is specified for 4.5 and 5, so if you have this it should work without problem after a proper install. Reinstall it!. Make sure to select the right version during install. There are different altitudes at airports between 4.5 and 5. That´s the main compatibility issue. 

Make sure you have no leftovers from older sceneries you may have used before.

If it´s another scenery, e.g. Justsim make sure to use the v5 version. Justsim has many version. I had to upgrade mine but it was free for owner of the previous version. 

I have no other ideas. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

For Simwings EDDH, I believe you need to check that the file AFX_EDDH_SW_ALT.bgl, is located in the <p3dV5 or p3dv4>\Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!