Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

WINDOWS 10 Reinstallation Options

After I upgraded from FSX-Steam to Prepar3d v4.5 I started experiencing CTDs connected with dlls like atioglxx.dll Kernalbase 32.dll for example. Always while using RXP GTN in the A2A Bonanza although it did happen once with the default Lionheart Mooney. So, in frustration I did a nuclear reinstall of Windows 10 and had to rebuild all my software. Took weeks with my available time.

However, I didn't know until yesterday how to totally turn off windows 10 update so now several updates since spring and now my CTDs are back.

I Don't want to go nuclear again so I am considering a keep files reinstallation. Will that download the latest copy of Windows 10 or a stock copy unupdated? 

Thanks

Gary. What video card do you have in use and what driver version?  And at what point are your CTDs occurring?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have RX 580 8 gig. Need to get home to check driver version. 

CTDs usually 20 to 30 minutes in but this morning happened after Bonnie warm up start taxi.

1 minute ago, Gary1124 said:

I have RX 580 8 gig. Need to get home to check driver version. 

CTDs usually 20 to 30 minutes in but this morning happened after Bonnie warm up start taxi.

Actually happened at the hold short line when I throttled up for run-up and mag check.