Sign in to follow this  
btacon

I Purchased The Aerosoft CRJ Over The Weekend.

$50.00 US from Aerosoft. I have about 10 hours in it (ver 1.06). I’ve been flying a test route I use for all of my MSFS 2020 planes. I have learned so far that:

* The aircraft demands precision 

* If you fall behind it will quickly punish you

* If you keep up or better yet...stay ahead of the aircraft it is an absolute joy to fly. All aspects: departure, cruise, and arrival / landing. 

For me the aircraft performs crisply, looks stunning and again for me and me only...it is the best $50.00 I have spent for any plane in a sim for a long, long while. 

YMMV,

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 17
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, btacon said:

If you fall behind it will quickly punish you

This is very true, especially if one is used to an A320 or 737 level of automation.  CRJ keeps you on your toes, even more so than the Q400 IMHO given the higher speeds involved.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes, I found out that the CRJ is not my cup of tea due to some of the reasons above. It's more of a hands-on plane. What I don't like about it is you have to monitor speed, throttles, descent, etc. I'm more used to the automated planes such as A320, 777, 747-8 and prefer them over the CRJ. It's a nice plane, but just not for me. I like automation because it gives me more time to take in the amazing visuals that MSFS has to offer.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have been strongly considering it myself, but would need to familiarize myself with some videos before I did purchase it.

Did your flying gravitate more towards airliners prior to the purchase?

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

8 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I have been strongly considering it myself, but would need to familiarize myself with some videos before I did purchase it.

Did your flying gravitate more towards airliners prior to the purchase?

Yes but mostly in P3d. I put most of my stick time so far in MSFS in CJ4 but also have been spending some time with FBWa320 so...yes

-B

• Upvote 1

Does the CJ4 operate similar to the CRJ, in that it needs a hands-on approach?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Bought this on release and I'm embarrassed to admit I've flown it enough to know points 1 and 2 are the truth and not much more.  Get behind it on final and its headline news time....Are there any good tutorials that have been put out post-release?  

The CRJ is a different animal altogether. I have been thinking about making videos based on a RW CRJ Chief Pilots perspective, but i dont really have the time or the proper software installed on my PC to do it. However, I will look into it IF i find the aircraft is stable and modelled properly. 

Edited by CapnOz

Peter Osborn

1 hour ago, btacon said:

$50.00 US from Aerosoft. I have about 10 hours in it (ver 1.06). I’ve been flying a test route I use for all of my MSFS 2020 planes. I have learned so far that:

* The aircraft demands precision 

* If you fall behind it will quickly punish you

* If you keep up or better yet...stay ahead of the aircraft it is an absolute joy to fly. All aspects: departure, cruise, and arrival / landing. 

For me the aircraft performs crisply, looks stunning and again for me and me only...it is the best $50.00 I have spent for any plane in a sim for a long, long while. 

YMMV,

-B

Have you flown the working title cj4, I'm wondering how it is compared to that, I'm really enjoying the cj4 mod

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

16 minutes ago, CapnOz said:

However, I will look into it IF i find the aircraft is stable and modelled properly

Spoiler alert from another RW CRJ pilot, it is not. This is not to bash them, nor to be super negative, just statement of fact. There are a couple of things you'd probably use every single RW flight that do not work properly in the addon. YMMV and it might be the best representation of a CRJ in any sim, but it does not do the real plane justice IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Have you flown the working title cj4, I'm wondering how it is compared to that, I'm really enjoying the cj4 mod

Yes, I fly a lot of the CJ4. Love it too. CRJ is like CJ4 but more demanding in many aspects. 
-B

Thanks for the info, OP. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 hour ago, Prpn said:

Spoiler alert from another RW CRJ pilot, it is not. This is not to bash them, nor to be super negative, just statement of fact. There are a couple of things you'd probably use every single RW flight that do not work properly in the addon. YMMV and it might be the best representation of a CRJ in any sim, but it does not do the real plane justice IMO.

I was afraid of this based on what I've seen in videos. Appreciate the heads up.

Peter Osborn

4 hours ago, Prpn said:

for $50 what should one expect?  a faithful reproduction or decent approximation on a desktop computer? 

• Upvote 4

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

37 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

for $50 what should one expect?  a faithful reproduction or decent approximation on a desktop computer? 

Considering how many copies they're likely to sell, I expect a faithful reproduction. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)