Sign in to follow this  
FlyData

Doesn't work with the latest Aerosoft CRJ (1.0.9)

I purchased the Aerosoft CRJ through the MS Flight Simulator market place and just yesterday I installed the latest version which was 1.0.9.  Now when I run MCE, I hear the co-pilot state the actions but nothing is happening in the cockpit.  Has anyone else seen this issue with the latest CRJ?  I have .36 version of MCE.  Thanks.

Edited by FlyData

Don Polidori

14 hours ago, FlyData said:

I purchased the Aerosoft CRJ through the MS Flight Simulator market place and just yesterday I installed the latest version which was 1.0.9.  Now when I run MCE, I hear the co-pilot state the actions but nothing is happening in the cockpit.  Has anyone else seen this issue with the latest CRJ?  I have .36 version of MCE.  Thanks.

Confirmed. Thanks for the heads-up

No wories though, already fixed here. A patch will be posted on this thread UK evening time.

Hello, I am having the same issue , I downloaded the software yesterday, should I also apply this patch? My issues are with the speed, altitude and headin knobs ( I hear the copilot setting them, but nothing happens) thanks!

20 hours ago, Jcdelcarmen said:

Hello, I am having the same issue , I downloaded the software yesterday, should I also apply this patch? My issues are with the speed, altitude and headin knobs ( I hear the copilot setting them, but nothing happens) thanks!

No need for patch if you're already using MCE V2.9.4.0

Aerosoft latest plane version is on V1.0.6.0, right?

I really like how the flow and checklist documents are made for Aerosoft Airbus or Dash 8 that I am using in Prepar3d. Documents are named Majestic 400 MCE Flows or MCE Airbus X Flows with GSX. Are there any similar documents for flows and checklist for MSFS Aerosoft CRJ?  

3 hours ago, Lazer_cz said:

I really like how the flow and checklist documents are made for Aerosoft Airbus or Dash 8 that I am using in Prepar3d. Documents are named Majestic 400 MCE Flows or MCE Airbus X Flows with GSX. Are there any similar documents for flows and checklist for MSFS Aerosoft CRJ?  

Thanks for feedback.

Because we support 50+ complex planes in a single package, after a while, we stopped making documents that very few users read.

The document would essentially just tell you the names of the flows and what they do. You can find out yourself this way.

With Aerosoft CRJ loaded and MCE running, go to "Command" tab in UI and click <Voxscript>

You should see a list of pre-made flows for that plane. They aren't realistic at all and it's done on purpose.

Select one and click <Edit>. In next screen click <Edit script commands>

You should see a list of actions Fo would be performing as part of that specific flow.

Unlike other "scripted adventures" on the market where you are expected to memorize what the program expects you to do, like which exact sentence you need to speak and at what moment, MCE is a "fully interactive crew simulation". It means, you the user can make your simulation as you see fit. The moment you modify anything in a flow, the document would go out of synch.

By default Fo handles all the switches on various panels. That gives you an idea about the kind of speech commands you would need to get him/her to flip the odd switch via a direct command.

If you are lazy and want FO to do all that, just leave it as is.

Real world pilots are expected to inspect the flows and remove any action they deem their area or responsibility so that in the end you know exactly who does what and according to ANY real world or virtual airline. And that way, we don't get requests such as "can I have the FO handle external lights", then someone else vouch for the opposite.

Should you have trouble remembering the trigger sentence, rename the flow trigger sentence to something that comes to your mind naturally.

Find the FO too chatty, switch "verbose" option OFF for a specific flow and it will be executed silently.

Want to challenge yourself and perform recurrent training, you could build your own flows to handle emergency situations.

I dare say, MCE is the only voice based crew simulation that is fit for recurrent training because the software adjusts to the pilot's needs, not the other way around. You can get the FO to perform what you want, when you want and even using whatever language you want. The closest you can get to "shared cockpit" nirvana with a co-pilot who is type rated on almost all popular planes. PMDG, Fslabs, Quality wings, you name it

Only possible because we didn't waste our time on packaging. Like having a separate product for each supported plane, when the level of integration is even deeper than anything out there.

In the video below, David likes a chatty co-pilot and lets him do almost everything. You don't have to operate that way though. Real world pilots, use your own company SOPs (silent operation) and custom checklist. It IS that flexible.

<media> 

Edited by FS++

4 minutes ago, Lazer_cz said:

Hi Gerald,

Where can I download latest version? The link at your site is no longer working. 

Thanks,

Send mail to demo@multicrewxp.com  or support e-mail and you'll get the link to latest version displayed on website.

• Like 1

And speaking of SOP's....if your in an Airbus and have a bird strike which knocks out both engines....always start the APU first! Not number 15 on the emergency checklist!

Easily added to your flow/checklist! 

Yes I like my FO to do my jobs as well, that way I can gawp at the scenery!😁

Also, be mindful of using freeware add on liveries. I used a Lufthansa one which disables functions in MCE.

Regards

Edited by charlie130
Freeware livery folly