Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Just peeping in......

Hi all, been away from active simming for quite a bit because of emigration, lack of time and lack of a PC that would still run.

Now getting back into it, being retired and having some space, and on researching new sims and add-ons, just happened onto Avsim again. 

Just curious to see who is still around of my old group of fellow simmers of 20 years go....... and starting to built my first ever home cockpit  😁🖐️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Welcome back to Avsim activity. 😎

Good time to get back into flight sims what with MSFS being very impressive and DCS being equally impressive, and both of them running well on even a pretty modest PC.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Good to see the return of such a well respected member of the flight sim community - welcome back! As I'm still using FSX (until I need to buy a new PC), I continue to have the pleasure of being able to enjoy a number of FSAddon's scenery and aircraft products particularly your great Tongass scenery and your unique and very welcome Bristol 170.

Bill

• Like 1

Welcome back Francois !

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm sure all of us would be happy to see you back. Your input to our beloved "hobby" would be invaluable.  That's what AVSIM is all about...exchanging views and providing innovative solutions to our never-ending questions.

Stan

• Like 1

Good to see there are still a few 'familiar faces' around 🙂
Have started fooling around with a 10-year collection of various bits of hardware, trying to melt them into some sort of halfway credible home cockpit....  

• Upvote 1

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

On 8/17/2021 at 5:20 AM, Francois_Dumas said:

Good to see there are still a few 'familiar faces' around 🙂
Have started fooling around with a 10-year collection of various bits of hardware, trying to melt them into some sort of halfway credible home cockpit....  

Ah ha.  What home cockpit are you building?  (what aircraft, or is it not really aircraft-specific?)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, Mace said:

Ah ha.  What home cockpit are you building?  (what aircraft, or is it not really aircraft-specific?)

I am building a twin engine, steam gauges (mostly) cockpit, based on the Beechcraft Baron 58, but not an exact replica. I also like to fly singles, and other twins.
Part of the design is defined by the various parts I already own. The missus doesn't want me to invest 10,000 on a 'toy' .... 🙂

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

49 minutes ago, Francois_Dumas said:

I am building a twin engine, steam gauges (mostly) cockpit, based on the Beechcraft Baron 58, but not an exact replica. I also like to fly singles, and other twins.
Part of the design is defined by the various parts I already own. The missus doesn't want me to invest 10,000 on a 'toy' .... 🙂

Something tells me I should remember you, and maybe I do.  Probably 90% of my postcount was from before 2009 (I was out between 2009-2017).

Good luck with your home cockpit. Today we have things that we didn't have 10-15 years ago, like apps for tablets, where you could simulate things like an FMC, or, they also sell those GPS units for home cockpits.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

12 hours ago, Mace said:

Something tells me I should remember you, and maybe I do.  Probably 90% of my postcount was from before 2009 (I was out between 2009-2017).

Good luck with your home cockpit. Today we have things that we didn't have 10-15 years ago, like apps for tablets, where you could simulate things like an FMC, or, they also sell those GPS units for home cockpits.

Hahaha..... probably. But my memory is fading too..... I had about 28.000 posts on the forums here (as Admin), when I was asked to manage simFlight.com. As of "005 I left there to run my own company, FSAddon Publishing. 

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Sure, I remember you from the Way Back Years. Still enjoy the Tongass scenery you started, but am of course using an update. I have it in my 5.2 version of P3D, and am seeing if there is a version for my FSFS 2020. Hope you are well.

• Like 1