Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Orbx 10M NZ Mesh

Thought I'd buy this detailed mesh since it was on sale.  Boy what a difference it makes.  

51383238773_2585a2d3f4_h.jpg

51382994556_a46403c3a6_h.jpg

51382231712_7ff12a3a3c_h.jpg

51383239178_58caa7c48a_h.jpg

51382232142_cac28f532f_h.jpg

51382244742_0cd2f0af4d_h.jpg

Edited by Todd2
  • Like 8

Yes it does. Beautiful. Really brings out the natural beauty of New Zealand. The great thing about meshes is there are no pop ins or morphing. 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes it is beautiful, I love it, NZ is my new Simulator home.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

The good thing about New Zealand is that there are lots of freeware and payware add ons for it,  such as those from NZA simulations. You can make it look really pretty and realistic.

With these and the mesh, it is a great place to fly. Just about every kind of scenery/landscape you could wish for.

I hope to make it over there for real one day.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I have used the NZ mesh since it came out. it makes a huge difference, not just in appearance, it also changes the landing dynamics at some remote airfields that previously were just a strip of dirt in flat terrain that now have small hills and other terrain on the approach.  It basically makes NZ mountains look like New Zealand rather than some rounded smooth mountain range in Australia or somewhere.  Well worth it if you live in NZ or fly there a lot.

I have however stopped mentioning the mesh on YouTube video as it seems to attract rants from people saying "they cannot see a difference" and "Orbx are ripping people off" and the default mesh is fine 😄 

Now that the NZ vegetation mod is fixed for SU5 I am back flying in NZ most of the time once again.  ( I get the same "cannot see any difference" comments with that mod as well).

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Now that the NZ vegetation mod is fixed for SU5

Where can I get this mod?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

43 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I have however stopped mentioning the mesh on YouTube video as it seems to attract rants from people saying "they cannot see a difference" and "Orbx are ripping people off" and the default mesh is fine 😄

This is the Arrow prior to the latest update... correct?

Bert

Any problems with the airports?

i have stayed away from nearly all the mesh add-ons because there seems to be problems with the altitudes of the airports and -field (default or add ons).

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Where can I get this mod?

At Flightsim.to. It's a popular site for free downloads and you can find all sorts of enhancements to the sim there. In the Countries tab, just click on New Zealand.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

How does this Orbx New Zealand 10m mesh affect FPS? I am running the sim set with Terrain LOD at 200 and Terrain Vector Data at Ultra. I presume these settings are important to get full benefit of NZ Mesh. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

34 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

How does this Orbx New Zealand 10m mesh affect FPS? I am running the sim set with Terrain LOD at 200 and Terrain Vector Data at Ultra. I presume these settings are important to get full benefit of NZ Mesh. 

No noticeable difference to FPS

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

The free one mentioned above apparently has some FPS effect and clashes with airports but for the most part the Orbx Mesh does not.

I assume with SU5 you might get more pop-ins, I run LOD 300 so not really sure how lower LOD will work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

This is the Arrow prior to the latest update... correct?

Back when you only got the gtn750 by itself yes.  

I suppose I might record a post SU5 one in the same location, Be worth it to see if I get any pop-ins I suppose.  There are none in the lower terrain at LOD 300 but the high country may be different I suppose. 

Though I expect the same response  " I cannot see any difference, waste of money" to any new video.  Now it probably would be a waste of money if you only fly in NZ every second Tuesday for just 10 minutes. but I definitely see a difference ( I accidently loaded without the mesh enabled recently and instantly knew the terrain was wrong.)  and fly there an awful lot - so definitely not a waste of money for me personally. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Though I expect the same response  " I cannot see any difference, waste of money". 

One flight out of Milford Sound convinced me... money well spent! 🙂

• Like 3

Bert